wtb:cafe bars

i am looking cafe bars for my tomos lx!!

Re: wtb:cafe bars

I thought you could get them for $10?

phil you are constantly looking for something, which is fine im searching too. but you make a new topic every week and its quite annoying. i havent said anything in a while about your constant new threads, but man its annoying. just find a mountain bike and use them

Mt Bike bars - what I used off a Trek 800 to be exact , Alloy very slight rise - $10 at a bike shop because the shops replace them with a higher rise at buyers request. Craigslist - even cheaper.

can u post a pic of bike handlebars that you used im not exactly sure....are they hard to switch, like do i have to weld anything? PLEASE POST A PIC OF THEM!!!!!!

its no differnt then putting bicycle bars on just pull the goose neck out and put a bicycle one in i done it on a puch newport looked sweet heres a pic

1162215654_000_0138.jpg

im looking for drop bars not straight, and do i have to do any welding to put these on!?

Yes, you have to weld to put on handlebars.

Yeah, there's a lot of welding involved. Pretty tricky...

i have cafe bars that im looking to sell..

actually the hardest part is re-wiring your entire moped to accommodate the new bars.

you also might have to install new brakes, depending on the angle in the drop of the handle bars. and because of the intense mods going on here, you wil need to supplement your fuel with some apple juice (i used like 20:1) to make sure your engine can pull through the switch.

good luck!

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. I reccomend any liquid thats sugar filled, they all do well in the A35 engines.

chris cmm how much??

seems like a lot of work i dont know if im that skilled with this kinda of stuff lol??

Its really not that much work.

Take off out old bars ( I had to cut the handlebars off of my old Puch)

Put on new bars, do all welding that you need. (cost me $20 for the weld job. I really wasn't sure what to do, but I brought the bike there, and the guy knew what to do.)

Put on all conteols, I put a self talling screw through both the grips, so that they wouldn't spin (works great).

And ride.

Its so easy.

20 shipped sound good?

Chris CMM, ive been meaning to ask you how did you paint ur black rims, was it hard to take them off paint them and put them back on??? what were the steps u took? what kind of paint did u use?

i dont think im going to get cafe bars

also chris u took off the shock covers from the front shocks, did u have to do anything to them so dirt would not stick to them or rust?

i used spray paint on mine but on a friends i used a brush on can of black and it worked much better. it wasnt really dificult it was just very tedious. and i didn't use anything at first then i tryed a surf wax that my friend said works and i guess it works..

Chris CMM

doesnt the spray paint or any kind of paint come off?? would i need certain paint?

yes the spray paint does scratch very easily thats why i am saying to go with the paint in the can like you would use on walls... try to find one that is good with weather and metal..

Chris CMM

"seems like a lot of work i dont know if im that skilled with this kinda of stuff lol??"

Yes.

« Go to Topic — end of thread