I am F'ing done!

I am just about at the end of my rope with this moped. It is completely my fault, but I hope someone out there has a solution. What I should have gotten was a common moped with some common parts needed, and little work to get it going. Something with a goddamn manual available for that exact model.

What I got was a Manet Puch Korado. Frame. With most of the parts. Problem is, every damn part I have to get almost but doesn't quite fit. No one has the parts for this thing. I am fed up.

Petcock needed to be replaced, no one has one. Order one for maxi, doesn't fit. Ended up half-assing one that seems to be too long, now that I get the engine mounted. Got the engine without too much problem. Got carb. Visions of riding dance in my head. But no, now I figure out the drive chain is needed. Order and wait. Looking for crank arms, not much luck. Order muffler, carb, seat, seat post....wait, and wait, and wait. They didn't send them out until 7 or 8 days after I payed for them, plus the float bowl is stripped. All of this ignores the major issue, the !()#&$#! front wheel. No one can fix it (warped). No one has a replacement. Finally I get a Tomos bullet wheel, but every fucking thing on it is just a little different. Axle is too short. Brake assembly is different. Speedometer is different. Finally thought I had it mounted, and now the wheel won't turn. Maybe I should just consult the manual, oh wait, there ain't one.

This thing is only sucking away my time and money now. I got a job, I don't need a second one running back and forth to the hardware store trying to find 15 year old metric weird ass czech nuts and bolts.

All I wanted was something to hop on and ride around the neighborhood, not a new goddamn way of life.

I now have the Frame, with almost everything someone smarter that me would need to make it go, including e50 engine, 14mm bing carb, tomos bullet front wheel, muffler, new tires and tubes, new drive chain, gasket set, including muffler gasket, seat, seat posts x 2(of course i had to custom fit one because it was different). Maxi petcock, cocked up homemade petcock, fuel line and filter with clamps.

Would all of this be tradeable for a simple common running goddamn moped?

Re: I am F'ing done!

A non-running bike for a running one? No, I've give ya $75 for the fucked up parts.

Jason,

You are in Tempe? Don't you have a running or almost running ped you could trade? I have much more than $75 here in parts, probably just the engine and carb alone.

Also, please note I am not blaming the person that sold me the frame at all

read this part again. "A non-running bike for a running one? No"

not trying to be a dick, but be realistic. nonone will give up a running bike for a nonrunner.

How about read thist part again: every part I listed, including an engine, carb, and new wheel/tires/tubes, seat, seat post, etc.

And since you speak for everyone, I take it you know everyone and will speak for them from now on. Couldn't be anyone out there wiht multiple running peds that want a project with a bunch of parts, could there?

Maitland Of the Loin /

well does the engine run? Im sure that if you had a bike like that with a running engine you could probably work a trade with someone.

also i know this is offtopic but could you tell me what the black wires on the korado go to?

I don't know personally if the engine runs, as I have no drive chain or pedal arms to attempt to start it. It was sold to me as "Having good compression".

As far as what wires go where, no idea. Check the manual.

Maitland Of the Loin /

if you get a drive chain you can pop start it.

and there is no manual, ive looked for weeks and no avail, I happen to have one of the korado CDI engines and I dont know what the black wires are for.

If you have a chance would you mind checking that out for me?

Yeah, I'm in Tempe. And no, I really don't want to trade a complete bike for basket case. I was just making an offer.

$75 bucks for what I listed ain't an offer, it is an indication of serious head injury. Save your money and buy a helmet.

Got a pic of this thing ??? Wheels are pretty much common sense. As long as its complete to the brake plate it'll work. Geez I've mated a XR80 front fork to a Puch snowflake works fine . Can I see a pic of the cylinder without the head??

sorry dude. its what that crap is worth. we don't even know if the engine works. maybe post some pics. that would help.

mkelly, the black wire is the stop switch wire.

it has been a problem for me before.

You know rereading your list of parts - Sounds like you have everything now - I'd keep plugging away . Two of my bikes are customs. 5-6 different brands were used . I'd get the basics together and go from there Get the wheel problem solved so it's a roller. You mentioned warped, Mag?? spoked are easily fixed. Engine is basically a Puch so that's pretty easy with all the data available. Seat post problems ? You're kinda kidding right ???Go man Go you're basically there. Let us know when you get to the wiring - That can be confusing But if it's a single speed there's only 3 wires..........

Whatever man, people out west here are retarded, asking $300 for fucked up bikes missing shit. $75 is a generous offer for a basket case of fucked up shit.

Maitland Of the Loin /

hes got a korado engine, the wiring is even simpler

but i have a problem trying to mate the korado CDI wiring to a magnum points system. And no I dont think the black wires from the voltage regulator are the stop switch. I already have a stop switch wired up with the blue wire

How about I come look at it. I've got a Garelli VIP I really like, with some electrical gremlins, but complete, minus an HT coil and one of the covers. If yours is a fair trade to my bike, I'll take it. But running, no.

Of course, it's all up to you. I'm just saying I'd be willing to take you up on a deal for the bike. It's one I'm interested in, and in the area.

Now that I have taken a break, and am not covered in grease and blood, I am going to give the wheel another whack. If I don't see some progress soon, I will keep your offer in mind.

BTW, what is an HT coil?

that sucks jeff, believe me there have been over 10 times when i have "given up on mopeds" due to moped related stress. stick with it dude. i try to help as much as i can through email but nothing compares to helping in person.

try and find some time to come to tempe at least. either a sunday afternoon or a monday night and i will try to help you all i can.

« Go to Topic — end of thread