NEEDED BADLY AMF ROADMSTER

i need an amf roadmaster, frictiondrive any condition for a very low price, running or not, but it must bea all there mechanically, wise, plastics missing are not worry, as is other parts trthat are easily attainable located in central NJ please lemme know if you have one, wthat would be wiling to deliver for a small fee, unless i can make it up to ewhere you are thanks Jack

Re: NEEDED BADLY AMF ROADMSTER

and dont ask y it is for personal reasons

Jack, I have one with some extra parts, but I'm in MI, only asking 75.00 for everything.

including shipping?

it's more than $75 to ship a ped

not this kind lol

no, it is a complete moped, would cost way more than it's worth to ship.

what would it cost shiped?

but seriously i need one, anyone got one close by or wiling to ship for free or very very low cost

i'm curious to know why you need it so bad, is this just a ploy to get one for cheap?

who would sell one for high dollar and no i just love the way they look and would be a super cool sleeper, project i could do and whoop you people on your tomoses and puchs, also i love weird mopeds

Buddy, you will not be able to beat anybody on anything, (motorized, maybe not on foot). They're friction drive; a spindle spins the rear tire; you can't ride in the rain; the gear ratio sucks major balls#$@#@# (the spindle probably has a 1'' OD or less and the tires are probably like 17''; 1:17 ratio= suckage!!! You will definatly not beat any stock or modified tomos's- o r puchs (Im a puch man btw) thats for sure.

gnarlyal, anything can be made to beat anything. If he wanted to weld an engine bracket and hang a 125cc dirt bike engine on the thing it would beat some tomoss' would it not?

This friction-drive bike in the attached photo will go 70 mph.

1161834691_superproto_.jpg

does anybody have one or not

ya the guy who told you he has one for 75 has one.

but he didnt reply to me about the cost

yes huffy, anyone could mod something anyway they like, but to buy an AMF roadmaster just to chop it all up and put some huge engine on it would be outside any rational frame of mind; it would be cheaper just to put that engine on some bike frame and reinforce it than to buy kinda cool and somehwat rare AMF moped and fuck it up.

(btw, on those mags, I'm sanding them down to paint them black, and on certain parts of the wheel where I sanded through all the paint to the metal, there's this black oxidation looking crap that won't sand out, I sanded it smooth, but it's still there. I asked a guy annd he said it was rough casting, but any idea on what it is or if it will affect the paint?).

whoa whoa whoa i never siad i was replacing the motor or chopping anything i am going to yes mod the engine but nothing ratical and the bike frame will remain stock while the friction spindle will be made out or billet, but i am not going to permanantly mess up this moped, despite what others think, if i wana do that il do it to a scooter. and i love the way they look

Jack,

My friends race friction drive Solexes in France and they make special friction drives. I'm not familiar with the roadmaster setup, but maybe you can adapt one of their friction drives to your roadmaster. You can see the friction drives here:

http://www.paacsolex.com/projet_bts.htm Maybe it will at the least give you some ideas. The rest of their site might also help you with ideas:

http://www.paacsolex.com

They race both a slightly modified Solex and also a full blown super-prototype and details of both are on the site.

BrianSolex

I'm the one with the AMF, I told you 75 bucks, plus it has extra parts, stator, carb, flywheel, and I even have the ugly ass engine cover. turns over, but didn't have spark. that's why I bought the extra parts, but I never did work on it any more, have more important projects. any one wan't all this, for 75 dollars, come and get it. I live in the thumb of MI

but u wont ship, corrct and if you would, how much more?

<www.uship.com>

rick did u wana say somin?

gnarlyal I dont know about the rims, I did a really quick white paint job on them, not a quality job by any means. I wiped the dirt off, did no sanding, and painted them white. They were black when I got them. Thats weird about that "rough casting", never heard of that. I hope they turn out well for you. If you're not happy with them, I'll take them back as I regret selling them and I have a gadabout they would look pimp on. I always loved the split 5 spokes. I do have a clean clean set of silver snowflake 16" mags, but the silver paint is dull , and the tires are nothing special if you want those. Good luck

« Go to Topic — end of thread