Baby Blue Motobecane 50V For Sale - Illinois

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

I am selling my 1978 Motobecane 50V moped. I am located in Urbana, IL and there is NO SHIPPING!!!!!!!! Anyway, it runs great and starts up right away. It has several small things that need to be fixed to make it perfect, but its not too bad.

It has BRAND NEW: tires, tubes, grips, carburater w/ mini cone filter(Dellorto copy carb), side mirror, and drop bars. I have the original carb and handlebars if you want to return it to stock.

It will need: new brakes, a chain tensioner for the bike chain, a new fuel valve, and a new brake light bulb. It goes about 25-30mph right now, mostly because the carb is jetted improperly, and I'll be honest- jets are hard to find for this "Dellorto copy" carb. The current jet can be drilled to the right size, I just haven't gotten to it yet. Once jetted properly this bike will do 35mph.

I am sorry but I do not have a title for the bike. I DO have the original fork lock key, and the factory tools that came with the bike.(!!) I have both of the sidecovers, but the right side cover is a little rusty, it is not shown in the picture, but I will try to get a picture of it.

I am asking $350 for the bike, since it is such a nice bike, and only needs some minor repairs.

1161129281_moppped.jpg

Re: Baby Blue Motobecane 50V For Sale - Illinois

do you have a picture of the other side?

do you think the repairs that need to be done are easy for a novice? looking for a ped for my daughter that we can work on together.

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

I am getting some new batteries for my digital camera today, so hopefully I can have some more pictures soon. Meanwhile, I have another picture of the bike from a different angle I posted. All of the repairs could be done by a novice, except the carb jetting. To jet the carb properly you would need some basic knowledge on how to tune a bike right and how to do a plug chop correctly.

1161203939_moppped2.jpg

any possibility of you driving north 75 or so miles to meet me if I give you the 350, instead of try to lowball you? I'm in holland MI, about a 300 mile drive.

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

I should be able to get the moped to the Chicagoland area the weekend of the 27th. How does that sound?

any rust in the tank? and can I get a pic of the other side? Chicago on the 27th would save me a helluva lot of driving, thats awesome. Would I be able to paypal you like 150-200 down, and the remainder cash in chicago? If so, sounds good. And can you email me your #?

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Still for sale!

you get my email?

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Email sent.

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Bump!

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Here's a picture of the other side without the sidecover one. The bike chain is off since it needs a new chain tensioner. I have the flywheel cover, but it is not shown.

1161450629_moped6.jpg

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

And here is the other sidecover, stock bars, and mirror.

1161450665_moped7.jpg

Karin Soukup /

Is this still for sale? I live in St. Louis, so the drive is not too far.

« Go to Topic — end of thread