Mopeds for sale in Minnesota

Hey everyone,

Im just keeping things current, cause posts tend to get buried with newer requests. I'm still looking for a new bike in Minnesota, I am willing to pay 300 at the most. I live in Richfield, which is just outside Minneapolis. I want either an Italian, French, or Japanese make. The model doesnt matter as long is the bike is capable of running or close to running and has a title or bill of sale. I would also like for the money I'm spending that the bike be complete. Wards mopeds are okay too. If you have anything that fits the bill, send an email and pics and we'll arrange a time to meet up. Anyone in Minnesota besides me into Motrons? I sold mine a little while ago, I think that was a mistake, it fit me like a glove.

Paul

Re: Mopeds for sale in Minnesota

Paul, you are at the bottem edge of priceing for a complete running moped, those days are pretty much gone. run an add in some of your local papers, or keep a close eye on ebay. I check it every day for bargins, watch for buy it now items. of course you just advertised on the best spot. I have several project bikes, around your price range, but I live in the thumb of MI. Tom B

Tom,

What kind of bikes do you have? Send me some photos. How much would shipping to Minnesota cost?

Paul

Paul,

I have this one break>

I live in Kansas City but I am going to drive to Iowa on the first weekend in November and I would be driving as far north as Clear Lake, IA. If you're interested, we could meet there and do the exchange.

That's a bit of a haul for me, I live in Richfield and that's just outside south Minneapolis. I need a bike that I can get to within the state and is reasonably within the metro area. I'm sure someone in Minnesota is willing to sell one of their bikes and this is the best place to look for peds. I can't post on Craigslist anymore though, as for some odd reason my want ads were flagged and I had both my ads removed. Apparently looking for mopeds is offensive to someone.

Paul

Two hours is a bit of a haul? Heck, I've driven to Minneapolis, Denver, and Chicago for mopeds. Two hours would be nothing for me. I guess we have different standards. Good luck on your search. Something will come up eventually but in your price range it will be tough.

Just trying to keep this thing current in case something comes up. Posts tend to get buried under other ones. Anyone in Minnesota let me know if ya got anything.

Thanks

Paul

Hello,

I have a 1980 Motron Classic that I may sell. Needs very little to make it perfect... drives well, has 1612 miles, and I just put over $100 into it. Might need wiring checked as the headlight barely comes on. $375 is what I'd like to get, but it is negotiable. E-mail me-- mjhoffman37 at gmail.com

Cheers!

Well the same person must be flagging my ads on craigslist too. I guess they want to make sure know one else can buy a ped without permission. It's sad really, they must not have much of a life.

- Tim B.

I can probably give ya 300 for it but it has to have a title. barely working headlight ay? hmm, maybe i should have kept my parts motor, it had all new electricals. sure its not a bulb? I will get back to you as soon as I can, hold her for me. Im trying to buy a bike pretty quick here. I'm checking into a tip on a shipment of peds to Bluecat Garage. They have some bikes that are supposedly going for 100 a piece. Please keep me in mind though, your help is appreciated, as it is from anyone on Moped Army

Paul

I have a motobe cane 50v that runs, needs some work don' really want to sell it but might if you would make it right and let me see it once in a while...looking for 400.00 but it does need work...thoughts?

well, i could do 350, i'll let ya know about the bluecat deal. If that goes down ill have to decline, but if thats not going down in a day or two, ill buy your bike for the price asked for. I'm heading up there today (friday) to check on that and a car anyway.

Paul

$200 Columbia on craigslist

Up for grabs. A Colombia on minneapolis.craigslist.org.

Re: $200 Columbia on craigslist

Hey everyone,

I talked to the owner of the Columbia. Everything that should be there except the engine is missing. The bike has no title and it does not run. It needs to have an included carburetor installed. If its worth 200 bucks to you guys, youre more than welcome to go for it. I was going to pick it up today, but after getting that email, I figure it would be a waste of cash, personally, I would only spend 50 bucks on a bike like that. My Motron was complete for 60 before I started to restore it. I guess it may be handy for parts , but then again are Sachs 505 motors really that rare?

Paul

well, 400 is a bit steep for a motobecane that needs work, a bike that runs and drives and just needs cosmetics is a 400 dollar bike. Mechanical work significantly reduces the value especially since Motobecanes require special tools to service some components. I cannot go over my original price range, but since winter is coming I am hoping that you'll consider going down in price. I would like to see some pics of that 50v. What model year is it? Does the de-compression lever mechanism still work? I am interested in Motobecanes, but they have to be worth the investment. Not all bikes that hold that nameplate have the same value. If it were an earlier vintage Mobylette, I could see 400 as being conservative.

Paul

My offer up above still stands.

Re: $200 Columbia on craigslist

By the way, people should annoy the people at Bluecat Garage, they get mopeds in all the time and the owner sells them off cheap cause he's lost interest in keeping them in his shop as inventory. theyre kinda not his thing anymore, but he still takes em. He's had a few nice ones in his shop for sale, but he mostly does repair. He also has ALOT of nice restored Vespas sitting for sale in his back room, of course Im talking about the famous scooters, not the peds. I would check with him often as a new shipment of peds was supposed to have come in. the other shipment i was speaking of may not be a deal anymore cause the guy was asking too much money. You'd have to call and check what he has for mopeds.

Paul

the number for Bluecat Garage is (612)-619-2583

Hello fellow Minnesotans,

One of my deals didnt work out. I'm still open to what you have out there to offer in Minnesota, and I do have a partial trade. If $300 plus a partial trade sounds good to you, let me know. Winter is coming soon and I know not everyone wants to hold on to their bikes. As long as you're within a reasonable distance, I can come out to look at your bike/bikes.

Paul

What's the partial trade?

I have a very good condition Schwinn Varsity road bike. It was my daily rider that I used around downtown. I just dont want it anymore cause I use a Columbia town bike and riding road bikes for long distances sucks for a guy like me. Its a 70s model, very little cosmetic blemishes and it has the original seat, tires, handlebar wraps as well as the positron shifters. Someone else was going to take it as a partial trade on a ped. It's a nice bike, but I'd rather make a good use of it by using it as a partial payment. I know lots of people in Minneapolis make fixed gear single speeds out of them.

Paul

Still looking to deal if anyone has anything, the bikes on Craigslist arent that great. For 200 bucks you get an unlicensed parts bike with a Sachs motor. Got to be better than that out there for a hundred more.

Paul

Hey everyone,

I found two Batavus Starflite mopeds already. I am not sure if they are the 20,25, or 30 mile an hour bikes. They are going for 500, but both have something thats up with them, one has a carb that was put together wrong, and the other is claimed by the owner to have a missing key for an ignition. Is 350 or 300/partial trade a decent offer for these bikes? I think if I cannot get another key for the ignition, i can temporarily by-pass it with a switch till i get another ignition for it, thats if it even has one. I dont know much about starflites, never owned one before. I will look at the frame of the Batavus with the "missing key" and get back to everyone on what it actually is as far as what it is capable of performing. They are both nice bikes though, ones yellow and ones this wine red color.

Paul

Just keeping this one at the top of the list in case anyone around here has a ped to sell.......

Winter is coming soon and someone has to have a bike to sell sometime =)

Paul

Just keeping people updated.....still looking for a ped. I have found a PA50, pedal and pedal shaft assembly snapped off. Batavus is owned by a crook.

Paul

« Go to Topic — end of thread