moped puch x40 STOLEN

my moped was stolen yesterday. i have attached a photo on what the model looks like. if anyone can help please keep a look out. i will issue a REWARD if found.

it was stolen in the mission district in san francisco.

on san jose ave btw 25th and 26th street.

please help! :-(

1161047944_puch.jpg

Re: moped puch x40 STOLEN

you should post this in the general discussion section.

Putting it here was a good idea incase someone tries to post it for sale on here. Then again, the theif might see this post, and think twice, and just post on another forum.

Maitland Of the Loin /

there's only about 4 moped forums that I know of. Pretty sure they wouldnt bother posting it on any of them. Ebay would be the place to look if anywhere

yes, and be sure to watch for parts for sale for one of these on ebay,

a person should put some kind of mark on different parts of their mopeds in case this shit happens, and they do get recovered in parts, say the best selling parts. glad I live in an area where this shit don't happen too much. hope they catch the bastard that did it.

bump. this really sucks =(

one last bump.

I'd keep an eye on craigslist also, X40's are pretty uncommon bikes so it stands out unlike a maxi. Hope you find it.

Grey

there is only one other x40 listed in the MOD. i would say more like ultra rare.

J.a.m. (Justin) Creature /

I live in the mission. I'll keep my eyes open.

just curious...was it locked up?

i'm only asking because i live in the mission and it's good to know what's going on here.

anyway, really sorry it got stolen. i hope you get it back. actually, my cruiser was stolen last year and i managed to get it back through craigslist. just keep posting and maybe someone will know something about it.

good luck.

is this it?

looks like its up on craigslist..

"clicky":http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/225105411.html

Re: is this it?

How do they have the same picture?

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

The thief selling the moped probably found the picture online.

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

benadamx, you should also email the moped's original owner to let them know you may have found it.

If you search google image, its the first pic that show up.

i did, she's filing a police report presently

AWSOME! i emailed her when i saw it too. i hope everything turns out ok.

i was about to do the same (just saw it online) but it looks like you guys have it covered.

fuck the police. let's get a posse together, set up a fake buy and rob him.

vigilanty justice very rarely works out how you would like it to. Considering that this is one of only 2 bikes like this in america, i wouldnt want to risk the sting going sour if it was my bike.

dont worry though the creatures do not shy from vigilanty justice, heres some reading material

so yes the image is the same. i did take that from online though. it is not the real image but the EXACT model. there are some imperfections and non stock items that i could recognize. i have the title with vin# and license plate. i am going to the police to file a report. i hear the part of town it is in is sketchy. i am only hoping the police can take me seriously and help me out. i also hope this is not a ploy.

i want to thank each and everyone of you for your support.

i want my baby back!!!

but yes its odd they used the same exact picture. i have already emailed the guy but have not had a response.

it is a bit ballsey!

the craigslist posting for the x40 says its bayview, what if its the same dude!@#!@#!#@!@#!@#!

claudia you should have someone else email him tonight from a different email address and dont write the email yourself. you want it to sound like a different person.

Have that person offer him $600 if he will "hold it until the weekend" have him say that he has been looking for an x40 for a year but they seem to be very rare and he MUST have it.

just to spread out your chances.

Maitland Of the Loin /

if that seriously is him, thats pretty dumb. Wouldnt you do a search for moped first anyways to see prices?

oo they know they go for 700, so why sell it for $500? shady!

i was only half-serious.

but - i had a bike stolen from me a couple of years ago (non-motor-driven). i had a lead and the police had neither the resources nor the interest in helping me.

fortunately, i bought the bike back really cheaply from some guy that bought it for even more cheap and didn't have to put myself in any sort of danger to get it back.

hopefully (although $$$-wise it's not much of a difference) the police will take it a bit more seriously, but, not to trivialize a situation that really sucks, the police have more pressing matters in the bayview (and san francisco in general).

i would also recommend contacting craigslist (who should have the the email address and IP address).

please let us know how it goes claudia. best of luck.

well in the post it says "key ignition is missing (have a work around), no title" did you have a keyed ignition? drive around in the view and see if anyone is riding it. most likely they are taking turns riding your ped.

Good luck,daniel

where does it say that in the post? did they respond back to you?

no on the craigslist posting it says

"be the hip cool kid! normally these things are going for $700 in the bay area but I'm selling mine for $500 OBO, get on it while you can!

overall in great condition key ignition is missing (have a work around), no title"

wow. If this thief is fucking serious (and god forbid this is not someone's sick idea of a "joke") and they have not seen your earlier post on Craig's about that same bike being jacked, maybe you should quickly remove it before he does. It may scare him off of CL and totally blow your chances of recovery. Good luck.