LOOKING FOR DECENT PED IN LA AREA

Alfred JARRY /

Greetings. I am looking for a decent moped somewhere within 150 miles or so of the greater Los Angeles area. I dont want to buy a new TOMOS and I definitely dont want a KINETIC. It would be nice to get someting I could eventually put a 70cc kit or at least get some kind of speed mods to keep up with LA traffic... Please advise.

Re: LOOKING FOR DECENT PED IN LA AREA

Maitland Of the Loin /

I have one near SF if worse comes to worse

Alfred JARRY /

Email me a pic and/or some details, if you would... THAN QUe

myronsmopeds.com sells new tomos moped and fully restored vintage mopeds in fullerton. they are great guys, have great service and host great rides every month.

Maitland Of the Loin /

Ill get some this weekend. Im in Santa cruz like an hour south of SF

Alfred JARRY /

I went down there, he has a new A35 TOMOS left over from 2005 because it is painted Barbie Purple. Also he has a late '70's PUCH Maxi that he wants like $1300 for, plus a VESPA Ciao & some other stuff, I dont remember... He says to wait for November when the new A55's will be out. Im still trying to decide if its better to go with an A35 or A55, since there seem to be more speed mods out there for A35... Thanks, though.

Alfred JARRY /

Is this my future?

1160933657_tomosst.jpg

Alfred JARRY /

I just bought this for $20. It has one speed -- SLOW. LOL

1161023382_image.jpg

If you just bought that for $20 and it runs at all, you got a hell of a deal. How fast does it go?

Alfred JARRY /

Actually, the truth is that it does not run at all. So it goes about as fast as you can push it... Seriously, the motor isnt seized, all the bits are there, its just been sitting since it was almost new. I havent had time to fuck with it yet, I got home late last night. There seems to be no rust or gunk in the tank, but anything rubber or plastic has deteriorated from being outside in the desert. But Id rather have that, than if it were sitting in a snowbank for a few years... In any case, I got my $20 worth.

« Go to Topic — end of thread