*WTB* Points for '78 Pacer SS Morini NON-REED Eng

Dave Wynn (Wynndi) /

Looking for points for my '78. Got her running great on the straightaways, but WEAK going uphill.

New piston, rings, carb rebuild (14:12)

I figure that points are the next logical step. The ones in her are the originals.

1160707973_dave_wynns_1978_pacer_super_sport.jpg

Re: *WTB* Points for '78 Pacer SS Morini NON-REED

weak up hills shouldnt be anything to do with the points, that's just mopeds lol. How did that carb work out for ya?

Dave Wynn (Wynndi) /

Carb worked out GREAT. Holds an idle, revs up nicely. Maybe mopeds weren't made for 6'1" 195 lb guys...

Still would like to get ahold of some new points.....and a huret speedometer cable.....

cool cool. I took it off a running ped, gave it a mild rebuild (gaskets I had lying around, but new ones) and cleaned the shit out of it. So I was hoping it worked out good for ya. Did you try a different condensor on that pacer, also, mine would run stronger when I took the lighting coil out of my magneto. I really dont ride mine in the dark, so I do this to most of my peds.

Dave Wynn (Wynndi) /

I'd do the lighting coil thing, but this bike has turn signals and a horn. Probably best to have them operational!

I have a morini franco in my parts stash, Ill check the points on it tomarow and get back to you if they are decent. thats a nice looking bike by the way.

Dave Wynn (Wynndi) /

Thanks!

It sat for 25 years with a siezed piston. Replaced that, put on a good carb and cleaned it up a bit.

800mi on the clock!

« Go to Topic — end of thread