Beautiful Puch Magnum For Sale

See Ya Moped Army /

Attached is a pic of a 1980 Puch Magnum MKII that I'm offering for sale. This bike is in real nice condition with only 1,705 original miles. Everything works on this bike. It runs a solid 30 mph on flat ground. It has a 2-spd motor that shifts very smoothly and has great low-end power. It has relatively new tires. The inside of the gas tank is spotless. I have personally restored ths moped myself. I have over 20 hours of labor into this moped. The price of the bike is $500 firm. I will not take any less than $500, nor am I interested in any trades.

Now for the negatives....one of the side covers needs to be painted to match the rest of the bike. I would have done it myself but I can't find the color in the local auto parts stores. The front Mag Wheel should be repainted. The paint has peeled quite a bit. The gas tank has some minor chips in the paint and very mall spots of surface rust. This bike does not have a title. I don't believe it ever was titled in NJ, but I'm not 100% positive.

Here's my rules:

1. I do not sell to minors. If you aren't at least 18 years old, please do not asm me to sell it to you. I won't.

2. Cash only, no checks.

3. No shipping. You must pick it up at my home in Port Murray, NJ.

4. I will not hold the bike. First come, first served.

Thanks!

1160686854_brownmagnum1.jpg

Re: Beautiful Puch Magnum For Sale

See Ya Moped Army /

2nd pic attached....

1160686882_brownmagnum2.jpg

i think i might be interested

See Ya Moped Army /

Sorry, I don't sell to minors. See my rules above.

allow me to refrase than. My father may be interested.

See Ya Moped Army /

Sorry, I won't sell it to anyone in which there is a minor, in any way, involved in the transaction.

may i ask why. if im willing to buy your moped, and meeting the price whats the issue. I may be a minor but that dosent mean im going to abuse it, i too know who to take care of a moped. My friend has a magnum also and i love it. ive wanted one and here one is. but for some reason if there is a minor in the transaction you wont sell, whys this?

See Ya Moped Army /

A minor can't enter into a legally binding contract. If you were to buy the bike and then wreck it, you could take me to court and I'd have to give your money back because we didn't have a legal contract.

I do not want be involved in any potential legal entanglements over a $500 moped. Since I don't do this to make money, I can afford to be choosey who I sell my mopeds to.

Sorry, but it's for my protection.

that makes complete sense. and i wasnt saying i wanted to come buy it right now i ment i had an interest. The contract and purchase details would be between you and my father (clearly not a minor) so you wouldnt have to worry about legal troubles. But regardless the decision is yours. I was actually looking for a silver one anyway

wow youer anal

See Ya Moped Army /

No, just smart.

its smart to decline a legitimate sale of your asking price to a 48 year old? thats not what i think of when i think of smart business

See Ya Moped Army /

Why are you bringing this up again? Ok, I'll play.....I didn't get a response from a 48 year old. I got a response from you, a 15 year old minor.

Secondly, I'm a 43 year old Certified Public Accountant. I think I know a thing or two about business.

Move on already.

See Ya Moped Army /

The Magnum is no longer for sale.

congrats. and you may have gotten the response but i didnt say i was going to buy it. i already told yours wasnt what i specificly wanted. im just saying your a dumbass and not to mention a dick

See Ya Moped Army /

I'm a dumbass? You can't even put together an intelligible sentence. Go scratch you little 15 year old, insolent, putz.

show me where i was intelligible or didnt properly articulate myself. Just becuase im 15 and your 43 dosent mean you can insult my intellengence. I speak fine thanks, and i make sure that my point is clear and understandable. Also if your going to insult someone, try and use a better word than putz. It may be uncommonly used but its not a very insulting word.

You think what you wrote was intelligible? Here. I attempted to bold most of the errors in your previous post. You also forgot a comma or two but it's hard to bold a non-existent comma or period.

congrats. and you may have gotten the response but i didnt say i was going to buy it. i already told yours wasnt what i specificly wanted. im just saying your a dumbass and not to mention a dick

Well, what do you know? I had to put so many astericks in the post to identify your errors that the forum couldn't handle them all.

Oh, Jesus. give it up kid. Stay in school. Larry is much better to have as a friend than anything else. He's a stalwart in the community, so if you're serious about mopeds watch what you say. Besides, I have a Garelli for sale now that the Magnum isn't.

-Jonathan

Larry Picarello /

That is a great moped- I saw it at this past summers ride- I wondered why noone bought it. I think most people go there looking for less expensive mopeds, and it was passed up. Well worth the price- solid bike.

See Ya Moped Army /

Snot-nosed punks like Drew are the reason why 15 year old NJ moped riders get a bad rap. Drew, I don't have to insult your intelligence. You did a fine job all by yourself. Now grow up and move on.

See Ya Moped Army /

show me where i was intelligible

That's the point. None of it was intelligible. It was all unintelligible.

Gotta second the don't sell to minor rule BUT not all minors are immature. I heard stories of kids buying gopeds , paintball guns, getting hurt and suing the store that sold it to them - happened all the time. I personally sold a car to a 17 year old . Seemed mature enough till I found out he didn't reregister it in his name - I got tons of parking tickets in my name and a tow yard operator threatening to sue. Sending in, from my end ,a copy of the change of ownership to DMV was useless as the kid used a false address(gas station) I finally couldn't reregister my drivers license because of outstanding tickets. Had to drive without one for 2 months before I settled/got straightened out in court (could have been real bad if I got into an accident).

Payback was that His cellphone was legit though . Amazing what can happen when you report a suspicious activity around the Livermore Lab and drop a cellphone number that has a GPS phone attatched. High tech got a thumbs up from me - yeah ! Funny though just bought a house and those damn tickets still showed up as unpaid. So - Guys don't bow in to peer pressure, CYA because no one else will and problems can last for years.

minors = no sale in my book too.

hey mopedlar...quick question...were any of the magnums made with blinkers?

drew you're retarded. you obviously dont know mopedlar. this guy house's tons of moped riders every year, cooks them lunch and then sells them peds for crazy cheap.

THERE IS A MOPED EVENT NAMED AFTER HIM. if this guy said he would only sell mopeds to half black half chinese transvestites i wouldn't begrudge him.

See Ya Moped Army /

Evan, my brown MKII is wired for factory signals. The left switch is actually the turn signal switch and not a headlight switch. The headlight is turned on with the key "ignition". The signals were most likely removed from my bike but all the factory wiring is still in place.

Once again Larry Made the right decision for the right reason. The legal reason. The truth is that whenever you have a problem selling a moped to a minor (and I have seen it time and time again) the problem is never with the actual minor but with the parents of the minor. Kid gets hurt on it, it breaks down, trouble getting it registered, parents did not want the minor to have it, found a better deal, kid can't get his license, etc, etc... It is always the parents who file the suit, call the police or show up at your door wanting a refund or worse. Always armed with the same defense... "You should not have sold it to him in the first place because he is a minor". Maybe it works differently in other parts of the country but here in good ole NJ this is the way it works.

Bryan, I have noticed a strong trend to not capitalize "I" in postings . Not just in New Jerseyans though and have been wondering what the reason for this is.

Chris MWH

www.mopedshop.com

speed. when i am writing a letter or a business email i write very differently than i post here. it is just the general trend of internet culture. we do a lot of things that speed up our typing. instead of......

that was funny = lol

wow that'r crazy = omg

this is what i think = imo

i think you are not a very nice person = FU douchebag!

it does amaze me how many people cant spell douche bag though.

douch

doosh

dush

dushe

duush

we have seen them all