looking for an old tomos lx

looking for any old tomos lx at a reasonalble price!

Re: looking for an old tomos lx

i have a 94 Tomos TT. Runs Great!!

Asking 750 BUT I NEED TO SELL SOON!!!

i need a pic

ive got a 99 targa lx with a technigas exhaust and about 490 miles on it.. garge kept starts first or second kick

1160338179_dscn1662.jpg

wow phil nice bike! how much for it and how will we get to yipsi?

phils has almost 1000 miles. he posted more pictures of it showing the tac

this is the picture

1160340804_download.jpg

the old tacometers with a black background are in kilometers buddy! so its 991 miles or about 485 miles.....

nick b. go to the new post

F/S: tomos targa lx

-theres more photos and details.

hey phil...they are definately not kilometers...if they were it would say "kph" intsead of "mph" plus i have one now and its definately in miles per hour...and it the same type of speedo as urs

Phil is correct. The speedos on these ttlx's are made overseas. The speed you are going is in miles per hour, but the distance traveled is in kilometers

they may be made overseas, but i am 100% sure that they read in miles because it is 3.3 miles from my house to my school and it read me 3.2 on my speedometer (keep in mind...these speedos suck)

theyre also clearly going to convert the measurements knowing we arent metric and theyre being sold in america

i asked a tomos dealer im pretty sure they know what they are talking about!!!

ha! u'd be supprised! i asked what size tire to use to a tomos dealer at the dealer in wayne (i think thats the town, if im wrong then shoot me)...he said use a 16 by 1.25 inch...i said "thats pretty small, are u sure?" he said "yea, im positive"

Speedometer/odometer

My 2000 Targa LX has the black speedometer. I can tell you definately that (now pay attention) the speedometer is in MPH, and the odometer is in kilometers. A kilometer is approx. .625 miles. 991 kilometers x .625 is 619 miles.

The first thing I did when I rode my 06 Streetmate, was clock the mileage. I have a spot marked off at one mile with my car, and the Streetmate odometer registered 1.0. The Targa Lx odometer registers 1.5 to the same spot.

I wouldn't argue this, because I know it to be a fact.

Re: Speedometer/odometer

well evan knew his to a fact also. everyone knows everything as facts. so your fact is about the same as everyone elses

fact or fiction: tomos products are stupid

I know something about smart assed teenagers too. I used to be one.

hey man, come on, no one here is trying to be a smart ass...we're having a friendly debate...we'd love you to contribute, but dont criticize us...

i tried to find my budy a good deal on a tomos and you guys are sitting here arguing over speedos?!?! oh well

ive got one man just give me an offer!!!!

Phil I thought you were gone?

i need pics

Hey, I've got what I beleive to be a 99 or 00 model, I'm trying to figure out the VIN info right now. Anyway, overall its in great shape. It has just under 1500 miles, and is very reliable and mechanically sound. I ran it nearly every day around my college campus, and it never let me down. Its black, with gold wheels. Cosmetically its probably an 8 out of 10. The paint is near perfect, but their are some cracks in the useless side fairings. I currently have the front fairing that covers the engine removed, simply because I liked seeing the engine, and thought it might provide slightly better cooling. Anyway, where are you located?? I'm asking $700, and can get some pics up later this evening if you'd like.

« Go to Topic — end of thread