'85 General 5 Star F/S in Richmond, VA

First off - i love this ped.

'85 General 5 Star top tank w/ Minarelli V1 engine - I've never had any trouble running it. never failed to start, break down or anything. Since i bought it this summer i've done a lot to it. First, i revamped the electrical system, so all the bulbs work (blinkers, speedo, head light, tail light). also, i recently upgraded to a DelOrto 15.15 SHA carb, put a puch bullet performance exhaust on and also a brand new gas tank. looks amazing.

The only things that may need work are the front tire may need to be changed soon (rubber is starting to crack a little) and the rear brake acts up if you try to brake at a high speed...worst case scenario is new pads. Finally, the petcock that is on the new tank is brand new, but will not flow...it has a bowl on it and the fuel will not push through the fuel line after it fills the bowl. it needs a qt50 petcock, or modification of this one. and also you will need a high flow air filter the supply enough flow for the larger carb. i have a K&N that works fine with it...but it's way too big and gets in the way of your foot if you try to pedal.

so - The ped, K&n filter (if you want it), Alcatraz chain and lock, battery and charger all together i'm asking $600 solid. with the new carb and exhaust; it's a nice deal.

I have a photo of this ped on my profile, but it was taken before the mods. if you want to take a look at it, shoot me an email.

thanks.

JustinEtheridge@yahoo.com

Re: '85 General 5 Star F/S in Richmond, VA

This moped is IMMACULATE and worth every penny of the $600 he's asking.

how much for one of those mb5s in the back? the junkier of the two?

sorry. the photo was taken by the previous owner...no mb5's here.

I'v got about 6.50... is that enough?

Giving a bump to this sweet bike. Hippy, are you coming down this weekend to ride? I missed you on sunday! I made cookies! SUCKA!!!

this is a bit expensive I know ppl that are trying to buy a bike but 600 unkitted may be a problem. good luck dude.

I'm open to reasonable negotiation. but, kit or no, she's a gem.

well i was in Richmond this week end; wow what a bummer; send me Pics please to gopeds2@yahoo.com JC

is this bike sill for sale?

« Go to Topic — end of thread