WTB 12.10 Vespa Dellorto

Maitland Of the Loin /

I need a WORKING 12.10 carb for this vespa I have, no matter how much TFE paste I put around any old gaskets it still seems to have an air leak somewhere, so if someone has a working 12.10 and air filter I would like to buy it ASAP and have it shipped to 95060.

Thanks

Re: WTB 12.10 Vespa Dellorto

wow, a 12.10? I have never heard of that one. Probobly hard to find huh? Cant you just swap your intake manifold and put the very easy to find 14.12 on it? This would be cheaper, and would drastically inprove your performance!

Maitland Of the Loin /

no, the way the vespas are designed you cant fit a regular dellorto on there, and you cant swap the intake either. a 13/13 will fit but I dont want to buy a brand new carb just yet

Maitland Of the Loin /

ARRRGGG never mind I dont need a carb. The fucker who owned this before me apparently opened the crankcase and crushed part of the gasket putting it back together without telling me

TFE paste i hope you work

cool, check the gasket where the pipe bolts to the motor too.

there isnt a gasket there, huffy.

I may be getting rid of some 12.12s next week. I suppose I could move parts onto a 12.10 body if youd rather.

I also have a spare crankcase gasket.

-Zane

Maitland Of the Loin /

howabout you come down and work on this italian piece of crap :(

i goddamn near tore my hands apart taking off and putting on the back wheel, god knows what will happen if I actually try to drop the motor and case and fix it. There is also one of the bolts rattling around, although it is still in its bolt hole (there is no nut on these bolts, they dont come out far enough). If the TFE paste works I may just leave it at that though, since i REALLY REALLY dont want to open this up

also Isnt the standard carb on these ciaos a 12.10?

I thought it was a 12.12, but Idunno shit about vespas. I do think that a 13.13 is the largest you can fit, but a 13.13 can be bored to a 15 I believe. Not a big fan of the vespas, you will know why. From what I gather about them theyre slow heavy, but tough.

Vespas can be made fast and light. Learn to love their simple design.

Do you have a case bolt rattling around?

What do you mean no nut? Normally the case bolt head is on the stator, and the nut is on the outside of the Vespa motor. I think you might need a true teardown to correct what you've got going on.

On the plus side, if you've got an air leak, there is only one seal, on the fly side, that doesn't require splitting the case to remedy.

Dropping vespa motors is one of my specialties- it's super simple, and gets any work you need to do done three times faster than trying to work on it in the frame.

The crankcase gaskets have been bad on both of my vespas. Just hope that the previous owner didn't try to open it up with a screwdriver.

Brentus Sioux y Cycle /

For about $70 you could put a nice new 13.13 on it. I may have some old 12.9's around as we've put four 13.13's collectively on our TFR's and Vespa.

Brentus

Maitland Of the Loin /

I mean if you look at the ciao motor from the back, the left side is the clutch with the belt, the right side is the ignition coil, there are bolts in holes that dont go into the frame, I think I just understood what you said and I do believe whoever worked on this put the bolts in backwards. Oh god please the horror of working on these godforsaken vespas

to be quite honest I feel more at home with a motobecane than a vespa.

Maitland Of the Loin /

zane i would like your spare crankcase gasket. Its the one that goes between the flywheel/magneto side and the other side right

Maitland Of the Loin /

scratch that. I might just need the carb

« Go to Topic — end of thread