FS: Puch Korado Rolling Chasis

Here we have a Manet Puch Korado frame. Basically everything but an engine to get a bike going. It shares the same bolt pattern as normal puchs so you can put a E50 or ZA50 engine on with no problems. The seat is not pictured but I have it. This bike really deserves to be raced out and suped up. I had a vision for it but i need to money to pay for parts for my monza =( There are only a few minor things wrong with the frame.

The petcock should be replaced, the front rim is bent a little. You cant see it when its still but if you spin it you will see it. I am not sure how you fix this but it is worth fixing because the rims are so cool and rare. And the forks were bent but they have been fixed and work fine. The pedals are missing but the gear and chain are still on it.

I am offering it here first, then it is going to ebay. Make me a reasonable offer and its yours. I can do very cheap shipping to. Totally under $100 probably more like $60-$75

Re: FS: Puch Korado Rolling Chasis

How much are you looking to get for it?

Something around $100 would make me a happy camper. for you though, i know it would go to a good home and could do $70 ish

could you quote me a shpping price to kzoo?

yeah i can try, will probably have to be 2 boxes. i'll call you tomorrow or monday and let you know.

Can you quote me a price to NJ? 08012.

# 3 here if all else goes wrong or not wanted

Fl 33592

How much to get this back on the road initially.....

"E50 or ZA50" anyone know how much these run?

I am in Phoenix and would like to get a moped for tooling around locally

I would like to make an offer for local pickup. $75 work?

with a running engine this would be very easy to get going EXCEPT the from rim. i am not sure how you fix a bent mag wheel. i am sure its possible but i am pretty sure you would have to get a proffesional to do it.

i would be more than happy to help you in any way i can but i want to be very up front about it. i can't guarantee that it will be easy at all to fix that wheel but it is worth the effort.

knowing all this if you are still interested i would do $75 for local pickup.

For $75 I will give it a shot, have to find a motor. I can also throw another wheel on the front till I get that one fixed. Contact me at jeffatwork AT hot mail dot com and we can discuss the wheres and whens.

Thanks, Jeff

Probably the picture but is that right fork leg at an angle ?? Has a funn jog in the pic .Was it cut and rewelded?? Tig'ed??

yeah it was cut and rewelded. works fine though.

if they'd be any help,

I have a good e50 bottom end minus the electronics, and vespa grande front forks with a fender.

-Zane

Any one know if this will fit:

Puch Magnum X E50 E 50 Engine

The serial number on the engine is #4401120

yes, but you wont be able to pedal start it.

yeah it will fit but i'm the high bidder.

So I take it the 'Magnum' is a better engine than an E50 or ZA50?

Is it more powerful, higher hoprsepower?

no it isn't any more powerfu, just kick start instead and a different intake.

Sounds like the answer of someone that wants to win the auction.

:)

i do want to win the auction but it is true that it is not more horsepower. i am building up a race bike, that's why i want the kickstart. less weight and don't have to use the pedal chain. in Va we are required to have pedals on the street but this will be a track only bike.

Patrick Mattison /

there is a wheel repair shop across the street from my house. i assume a place like that would kbow how to fix the rim. you might want to check your hood for a similar shop

actually

the magnum X engine is rated at almost 4 HP

thats a bit bigger than the common moped engine

Maitland Of the Loin /

well the magnum x is also a dirtbike isnt it? hence its technically an offroad bike

the magnum x has gearing that isnt really practical for a moped. they came with a 17mm carb and a really good cylinder, hence the horsepower rating. Im pretty sure the internal gearing is the same. The magum x engines are meant to sit at an angle, and their intake bolt pattern is wider than any other puch so on a moped your carb will sit at a bad angle. It doenst have a clutch lever, so pedal starting isnt possible. putting it on a moped means you no longer have a moped, and with the money one would spend doing it, it would make more sense buying a mb5 than having a puch noped.

note: the myth about moving the transmission plate onto another engine is just that a myth. you cant tell from the outside, but the cases are different.

i didn't realize the cylinder was different.

what makes the biggest difference in HP isnt the cylinder though its the fact that it has a 17mm carb lol

i dont think the cylinder is that different, i am pretty sure its real close to a magnum cylinder, if not exact, i think a lot of the hp is the cylinder, the magnum bore ports are much bigger than other cylinders, and with that carb,

I ve been told the internal gearing is different as well, but i remember last time i compared the ratio for a regualr e50 as opposed to a kickstart, they were the same ratio, i cant find the tech spec sheet right now though, for the pedal start e50

i ll know soon enough, i am about to rebuild my kickstart e50 with a rito crank and new bearings, i am going to a hardware store right now to get a spacer for the crank webs

but the engine still works fine in a maxi frame, and you can still run pedals, you just cant start them with it, and they would get sort of wonky with the kickstart lever

and the gearing isn't an issue, you can always change front sprockets, or just tune your bike better

there are also a lot of other puch mopeds that came with the kcikstart e50, they just never came to the states

the Puch Zippy was a hardtail maxi with a kickstart engine

Maitland Of the Loin /

just check out shaw's maxi. he runs a kickstart 2 speed from germany and has a 9ball lever on the tail for the shifting