Parting out Sachs, maybe..

Someone wants to buy my frame and title(don't ask, don't tell...). The chain and back sprocket are broken so if I do this rather than fix it up, I just wanted to see if there was interest in the rest of it:

505/1D motor with BiTurbo muffler, runs great - ???

1987 Sach Minor Front and Rear Wheels, new tires - ???

Other non-frame components - ???

Re: Parting out Sachs, maybe..

What do you want for the D motor, without Biturbo?

whats the price for the topend? or the whole motor?

I have no clue, that's why I was asking. I'll give it a shot though....cost of new parts....depreciated immediately at 50%.....natural wear and tear....how about $225?

Again, that's "everything", engine, carb, exhaust, cables, etc. Cables, clutch, decomp valve, and sparkplug have been replaced/rebuilt. Bolt it on, give it gas and a kick and off you go.

Don't like the price, make a counter offer.

I would pay $200 for the engine and pipe. e-mail me if interested.

Can you post some pictures of the engine. How did you attach the BiTurbo. Did you use the stock header? What carb is on the bike. How fast did it run when you had it running.

I'll try to get some photos today or tommorrow. I used a 505/1D header from Handybikes with the two-piece Biturbo kit and had them welded together at a muffler shop($5). I still have the original header that came in the kit though.

Carb? It's a Bing but that's all I can remember offhand. Speedo was broke but it ran just a tad slower than a new TFR from Cosmo. Right off the line the Sachs smoked the TFR but the TFR eventually topped out higher and overtook it a mile down the road. Wrong sprocket maybe? I'll count the teeth, too.

Thanks.

Is this bike already disassembled. i don't really need sachs partys cause idon't have a sachs but wouldn't mind buying a complete/ semicomplete one.

i'm in columbus so I could take a look at it if its together or if you're willing to sell all the parts together

Alex

Hey very interested in the motor.

Keep me up to date.

How much for the 104 carb?

You selling the cables and everything too? I'd be interested in the clutch and brake cables and levers... email me.

How much for the cones and spacers in the wheels, or wheels whole?

« Go to Topic — end of thread