Moped wanted NYC/NJ

I am interested in buying a working moped in the metro NYC area. I don't mind doing a little work to get it running well.The moped must come with title so I can register it.

Thanks

Re: Moped wanted NYC/NJ

See Ya Moped Army /

I've heard from several reliable sources that a notarized bill of sale is acceptable documentation for titling/registering a moped in NY. If you don't need a bike with a title and you're not a minor, I might have something for you if interested.

A title is not necessary in New York. You _do_ need to register it. All the information and forms that you will need are on this page:

<http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/dmvfaqs.htm#MOPEDS>; I have registered several mopeds in NY and would be happy to answer any questions that anyone might have about the process. One key thing in NY. The moped that you are registering must be on their DMV certified list. There is no way to view the list. You must call the Technical Services Bureau at the number that is on that page I've linked and ask them if your particular make, year and model is on their list.

Andy, you'd be doing yourself a big favor by buying a ped from MopedLar as, in my opinion, he's a great guy who really cares about the moped community.

I am interested. What's available.

Thanks,

Andy

no, you dont need a title because titles are not issued for mopeds. You DO NEED a transferrable registration though which is about as hard tto come by on a moped as a title.

See Ya Moped Army /

Email me directly.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account