wtb: motorcycle helmet

i am looking to buy a full face motorcycle helmet.please i am desperat!!!!!

-PHIL

Re: wtb: motorcycle helmet

go to a motorcycle or moped dealer. (i.e harley, yamaha, suzuki, kawasaki.)

yea don't buy a used helmet. not a good idea.

-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-() /

i have this helmet. I would sell it for 200 plus shipping from 48813. like new condition. Blue tooth not included.

1158544338_bluetooth5.jpg

thats a rip off 200??? u kidding me?

Check out http://sierratradingpost.com; they have a number of closeout deals on both full-face motorcycle helmets, and BMX/downhill helmets, which should be fine for moped use (within reason). I bought a $200+ HJC full face helmet there for $75.

DUDE ARE U A FUCKING IDIOT. All helmets are going to be in the 100 200 range espically a nice one like that. if u want cheap get a brain bucket. if you wana live threw that possable crash spend the money and bye something like that or snell approved. my dirtbike helmet was 135. and a full face i bougt was 300. so do some research b4 saying thats a rip off.

1158596288_0507061229a.jpg

sorry fellas excuse my spelling in that previous post

you need to chill, but you are right he is kind of crazy for expecting to get a cheap one. But honestly that one dosent look all that great and you could probubly get it around 200 new so buying it wouldnt make much sense. And as far as your comment about skull helmets not being safe, they are most certainly as safe as some full-face helmets. If you fall in a full-face your heads going to bounce off the pavement and high. With a skull helmet you may not have face coverage but most have lips for that reason. One way or another if you sustain head damage your going to the E.R and theyre drilling a hole in your head to relieve the pressure

no i was chilled but skull caps are shit my dad works in ER and i help sometimes. if u go down the will not save you period. on a moped maybe and thats a slim maybe. anything that doesnt cover the point where your spinal cord meets your skull it for the most part un safe. Im not saying that i dont own one for the hot days. Im not saying they are un comfortable. All IM saying is there unsafe and wont protect you from any serious harm.

Ben

Well ive taken a pretty gnar slip on my ped with my fulface and it did protect my head well aside from the cuncussion and constant headaches. But my friend also crashed in his skull and had the same symptoms, only his head didnt bounce off the concrete like mine did. Im sure there are instances when its worse but you cant really talk about every situation and be right cause theres always that exception. but that goes with everything

true ture. but id rather hae my full face then risk the road rash to the face. and i have fallen to in the rain cuz i hit a deer so i guess it all depends

how big is a medium helmet in cm? around the head?

i'd never buy a helmet before trying one on . . . that said, here's a great site for closeout gear:

http://www.newenough.com/

helmets specifically:

http://www.newenough.com/product_group_closeout_helmets.htm

also . . . i'd never buy a helmet directly from a motorcycle dealership. they mark-up on products at a dealership is ridiculous.

check this site out as well:

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com

HJC Helmets specifically . . .

http://motorcyclecloseouts.com/prodman.asp?ManId=90

yeah always try on the helmet b4 buying i never recomend buying without trying.

hey ass hole i was trying to sell you a good helmet. I paid 329 for it because i did not shop around. i was just offering it to you so dont be a dick head about it.

you need to flush your potty mouth. bitch.

skull helmets dont offer any protection and drew a. is the bitch.

thats a burn

your moms a bitch.

i offered ya a nice black extra large full face helmet with clear face shield...a few weeks ago for like 40 and shipping , but ya never got back with me .my wife wore it like maybe half a dozen times .my wife wont wear a full face, it makes her claustrophobic......so im going to buy her a high end halfy with the leather flaps and the snap on brim so she can use a flip up visor too...(please spare me a lecture about full face helmets, my wife is 40 , I gave up telling her whats good for her a long time ago)..email me if you are interested, and Ill send you some digital pics..........its got some litle scratches and chips on the top, but it still smells new...I got it from the bike shop I work at, at a decent price because it had shop wear.but it was never worn. its snell M 90 dot approved

drew this is no place for mom jokes or anything leave em out

skywriter what size is it? anything over a medium is toooooooo big!!

Off topic, I got a neato beanie helmet for cheap on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=140029121141&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

I haven't gotten it yet, but I hope it's good, I measured my head for it and everything. I know it's not full face, but I just didn't want to ride bare headed. Gotta have at least some kind of cranial protection.

bummer dude , its an extra large........we both got big heads...(all them brains need room .. yanno?).......I guess Ill stick it out at my yard sale in a few weeks.........

« Go to Topic — end of thread