Hassle getting parts from Rick?

Smitty Smith /

I'm just wondering if anyone else is having as much trouble actually receiving their parts from Rick, that they've paid for?

I really try to give anyone "the benefit of the doubt", but when you pay for something, you do so expecting that the seller will actually deliver.

I've made every attempt to work this out with Rick, but I've gotten one lie after another. I ship through UPS all of the time, so I naturally know how they operate, and I know that IF you take a package to UPS to be shipped, you get the tracking number right then, right there ... NEVER has UPS made me wait for my tracking number to come via email, when I drop-off a package.

I finally did get a tracking number, but according to UPS, the shipping label was purchased on-line, but UPS STILL does not have possession of my package ... so of course, if it hasn't been taken to, or picked up by, UPS, then they can not scan it in the system, and surely can't deliver a package that they have not yet received!

IF UPS is the ones at fault here (which I doubt), then I apologize directly to Rick. However, if I am still being repeatedly lied to, then I do fully intend to get my money back!!!

End of rant, thanks.

Hassle getting parts from Rick?

I'm pretty sure that this isn't the first time that someone has had a problem with Rick. Others have aired their concerns before.

Re: Hassle getting parts from Rick?

i ordered parts from him a week ago today...i also ordered a bunch of shirts nd sweatshirts via united states postal service last friday and i got all of them (they were from several different states, rick and i are in the same state) before wednesday...i hope he didnt rip me off...i even gave him an extra $5

Smitty Smith /

Thanks for posting that link 40mag'!!!

I have filed a dispute through PayPal.

Ya' know, it's truly sad when people do this kind of crap :^(

Lesson learned.

I really hope that Rick being a kid from NJ has nothing to do with it, because until now I personally have not any problems (major anyway) with anyone else from NJ. No offense to any of you who are from / live in, NJ, as most of you seem descent enough.

As for you Rick, man you truly should be ashamed of yourself!

As for anyone else even thinking about purchasing anything from this cat, I highly recommend against ever dealing with him for any reason, for anything, again!!! I sure won't, that's for sure!!!

hey, if anyone knows ricks address i'll be happy to drive down there to get the parts for all of us (im from jersey as well) im sry but all i can do is get all your parts...you'll have to repay for shipping if u still want them...and thats also if mine dont come...its been a week how long should i wait?

Smitty, I have sent your parts, and I gave you a tracking number.

Smitty Smith /

LOL, funny you should ask that question Evan, as I DO have his address.

There are a few people that I'd love to go meet in person in New Jersey (the "Good Guys") anyway, so maybe a road trip up there may just be warranted ;^)

I sure wish I'd seen the other thread, BEFORE I did business with this character. Again, lesson learned ... now the best that I can hope for is that we can all get our money back, and that no one else falls into knee-deep poop from Rick.

Be warned!!!

rick...

....mine too?

Re: rick...

I sent you an e-mail evan.

Re: rick...

ok...thx...i hope they are...and what i said was with respect...even if they arent and dont come...i'll still be respectful

No problem Smitty. I almost bought some parts but didn't because of that thread, and I usually pay in cash so I would have been screwed.

Smitty Smith /

I have the UPS tracking number that says you paid for the shipping label through PayPal ... BUT, the package is NOT in UPS's possession, so of course, they can't deliver what they haven't gotten :^/

As far as I'm concerned, especially after reading how you have done other people here, until I have comfirmation that UPS actually DOES have my package, and it is on it's way to me, sorry, I'm going to have to consider you to be a liar.

I too have received SEVERAL lies from you, one example is where you told me that you 3-day aired it to me. Well, um, UPS only offers next-day and 2-day air. PLUS, the tracking number says GROUND. So, being one who hates liars more than anything else, I see absolutely no reason at all to trust anything that you say ... until my frame actually arrives, which btw, UPS still can't deliver if they do not have it !!!

Smitty Smith /

Shipped to: BLAINE, TN, US

Shipped or Billed on: 09/11/2006

Tracking Number: xx xxx xxx xx xxxx xxx x

Service Type: GROUND

Weight: 15.00 Lbs

Note: UPS has received shipper's billing information electronically. Billing information received does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off. Please contact the shipper for more details.

Tracking results provided by UPS: 09/14/2006 4:20 P.M. Eastern Time (USA)

Now when I called UPS Tuesday, they said the expected delivery date was 09/13/2006, IF the package was ACTUALLY taken to UPS ... now of course, since I began suspecting a problem with this whole deal, I've been in constant contact with UPS, just to make sure that they are not the ones at fault here. They have assured me that if they had possession of my package, it would be scanned-in, and show Origin, Departure, and Arrival at the drop-off location. As you can see from the above copy and pasted from the UPS tracking website, the package is clearly NOT with UPS, therefore, the shipping label was purchased merely to attempt to fraudulently mislead me into thinking that you had ACTUALLY full-filled your WHOLE responsibility in this transaction.

Dude, I'm a 40 year old man, not a 16 year old kid. Some of these younger unknowing kids may fall for this scam, but I deal with shipping companies all of the time.

And again, I've already caught you in several lies concerning this deal. So, just refund my money and let's be done with this!

Smitty, Rick may not be the most responsible person, but when he says he'll get something to you he will. He can be kinda too laid back at times but trust me you will get this... I used to ride w/ him on a daily basis and transporting things via a moped can be pretty hard to do ... especially a frame.

You have my garuntee that you'll get your stuff (eventually... unfortunatly).

I'll let him know that if he needs someone to take it/him to the post office that i can give him a ride now that i have my license.

Thanks sean. From all that you read, I NEVER ripped someone off. Never. I am just slow to ship. Both yours and evans parts are in the mail. Smitty, I went to UPS today, and they said that there should be a change in the tracking tonight. The guy said the ground shipping should be there as fast as thier 3 day shipping (which they do have).

Maybe we should have some mechanism to let buyers be aware of the few members who don't perform?

We could take multiple offenders and at least point to the posts containing complaints.

Gene

Cool, now I cant print shipping lables for other people because my paypal account is frozen.

Fuck.

Smitty Smith /

I will drop my dispute when I get my frame.

If I hadn't been repeatedly lied to, I wouldn't have had to file a dispute to begin with.

OH, and the 3-day AIR from UPS is non-existant, according to UPS anyway ... 3-day-ground, yes. If the frame had been delivered to UPS when the shipping label was created, then the frame would have been HERE yesterday.

Sean, it's really nice of you to defend your friend here, and try to help him fullfill his parts shipments obligations ... BUT, if Rick would just be honest and upfront with people, instead of feeding people a bunch of lies, then he wouldn't be in the position that he's in now, which he got his own self into I might add.

Hopefully, everyone will get everything that we bought from Rick, and lessons have been learned.

Well, i talked to him today... couldn't get the full story but it sounds like its already been dropped off... (signal faded in middle of call so i couldn't hear the rest of the story)... But smitty i can garuntee you'll get your parts and hopefully all this will be forgotten, if rick says he will sell you something and receives payment for it... just know that you'll get it sooner or later.

Smitty Smith /

Out of fairness, I just wanted to update this thread, and inform everyone that Rick did actually get my frame shipped out, today ... took long enough, but nevertheless, it is finally on it's way :^)

Thanks Rick.

Package Progress:

Location Date Local Time Activity

LAWNSIDE, NJ, US

09/14/2006 8:31 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

09/14/2006 5:59 P.M. PICKUP SCAN

09/11/2006 9:50 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 09/14/2006 9:33 P.M. Eastern Time (USA)

hey rick, can u give me that number thing so i can track the parts? they havnt come in still...and smitty...can u tell me how i can use the number to track them?

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/read.php?f=1&i=271730&t=271717

yeah, he seems to always come through, it just takes him forever and a day

he bought something from me on e bay, and took forever on paying for it

Smitty Smith /

Evan,

If he sends you a UPS tracking number, go to UPS.com , and "tracking" then copy/paste the tracking number into the blank, and check the box that says "By selecting this box and the Track button, I agree to these Terms and Conditions".

If he's sending it via US postal service, then go to USPS.com, and it's basically the same way.

The tracking number will show you the progress of the package on it's way to you, like the way I'm following my frame (which by the way, is moving very quickly on it's way to me, now that UPS actually DOES have the dang thing now!)->

Package Progress:

Location Date Local Time Activity

LEXINGTON, KY, US 09/15/2006 9:40 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

09/15/2006 7:36 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

COLUMBUS, OH, US 09/15/2006 3:03 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

09/15/2006 2:03 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

NEW STANTON, PA, US 09/15/2006 10:27 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

09/15/2006 8:02 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

PHILADELPHIA, PA, US 09/15/2006 3:38 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

09/15/2006 12:03 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

LAWNSIDE, NJ, US 09/14/2006 11:44 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

09/14/2006 8:31 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

09/14/2006 5:59 P.M. PICKUP SCAN

US 09/11/2006 9:50 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 09/15/2006 10:41 P.M. Eastern Time (USA)

Smitty

www.smcmopeds.com

rick, can u send me an email with my tracking number? still no parts

« Go to Topic — end of thread