Wanted: Moped to carry 230 guy up 10% hill

Hi,

I am looking for small moped or scooter, anything under 50cc, which fits in station wagon and is very reliable for 30-50 miles trips in hilly areas and can carry 230 lb guy up 10% hills.

Thanks.

Re: Wanted: Moped to carry 230 guy up 10% hill

I would have to recommend a motobecane 50V for that task. I have one that easily carries my girlfriend and I up >10% grades at about 20MPH. We have a combined weight of 330lbs. I have ridden a lot of peds and none has been stronger. Another plus is the variator which will not leave you shifting repeatedly between 1st and 2nd gear. And just wait for the down hills at over 50!!! -Eric

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

i would also say either a motobecane or a peugeot (i prefer the former).

It takes me through the windy hills of santa cruz no problem, and I dont have to pedal up the 10% grade anymore with my 14.14 replica carb (im 250)

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Yea, I was surprised at how fast/torquey a stock Peugeot 103 was. (Make sure you get a variator model). Or you could just get a Puch or Tomos and buy performance parts to get even more power. Although the performance parts would likely cost around $300 total, maybe more.(pipe,kit, carb, etc)

Wanted: Moped to carry 230 guy up 10% hill

Thing is, I don't see any of these fitting in a station wagon with any type of ease. You'd have to lay it down on its side and you'd have gas all over the place. I'd almost look for an older monkey bike such as this old Honda.

Except you wouldn't want to be riding a monkey bike on the road. Not to mention they are tiny as hell. A 230 lb dude would be better off wearing clown makeup on top of it, cause at least then people might know why he was riding it.

I agree with the "spirit" of last post.

You don't want to be riding that tiny but incredibly cute machine.

You should consider a receiver style trailer hitch and moped platform for a full sized ped.

Rusty

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account