NEEDED: Honda SR Express fuel valve

Looking for a fuel valve for the '81 Honda Express SR that still works. Have two and NEITHER is functional. Email me please if you have a spare or you know a way to jerryrig something. Thanks

Re: NEEDED: Honda SR Express fuel valve

I may have one, give me a day to look and see if it's serviceable. It's just the little gray valve under the tank right? I have some parts to an 81 Urban Express. I'm sure they are interchangeable. Anything else while I'm at it?

Hey, I'm looking for a coil, (the whole thing, plug wire, etc) for a 78 express II, you have anything like that we could trade, or I'd still buy it if this valve doesnt work.

Jim. first, yes, that grey thing under the gas tank. The SR only came out in 1980 and '81 (or '81-2, whatever) and they are interchageable. I tried a valve from a Spree as well as others and they do NOT fit.

As far as a coil for a '78: Are they the same as for the '81 SR? Does anyone know? Can anyone provide answer? I don't have one but there are one or two guys (if I can find the second guy), who might have something. If you can get that info, I will gladly contact at least the first guy, since I know where to find him. (I have repeatedly tried to call the local Honda dealer for info such as this and they are WORTHLESS! Either they lie or they actually CANNOT cross reference part #s year to year, which I have DIFFICULTY believing!)

Jonas Quimby /

The Express SR uses a different fuel valve than all other Expresses. It's vacuum operated.

The Express SR and Urban Express uses a 12v electrical system and a CDI ignition. The '78 Express uses a 6v system and points. As such, the coils won't cross over.

Thanks for the info on the coils. Already knew that that damn fuel valve was unique. Still haven't found one that works.

Jonas Quimby /

I know where there's one that's probably broken.

I can have my uncle test it and send it your way if it works.

« Go to Topic — end of thread