Moped Yard Sale!

all your favorite yard sale crap plus MOPEDS!

items 3-5 are pending if I have time to fix and if cables come in the mail. most likely though.

1. Kinetic 1998, trun signals manual, keys, registered owner sighned off on it so easy to title.

2. Ciao, circa 67--69 really old with bicycle style front brakes, rigid, cable operated brake light, and other hilarious quirks. bought from california, no records.

3. 1978 Ciao, Blue 295 miles, Beautiful! converted to turn signals, and variable speed tranmsioon with upgraded carb and pipe. This DOES have the super rare ciao variable speed left sidecover but missing the common right side. bought from California, no records.

4. 1978 Ciao Green, a little ratty, upgrade to variable speed transmission, 12.12 carb, new crank case seal. previous owner signed off from ohio.

5. Honda Elite Scooter CH80, with basket and factory Kenwood AMFM radio. Previous woner signed off on paperwork.

6. Pile of vespa parts, an assortment of fenders and some misc.

7. pile of motobecane parts, 3 frames, fenders,

8. Puch magnum X will be on display for winter purchasing.

Trades?

NW Portland, Oregon. 30 minute ride from downtoen,

Re: Moped Yard Sale!

Hey Zane, what would you want for one of those Ciaos? That's really what I was going for when I came across this crashed Bravo..

Zane,

I pulled a _1977 CIAO_ out of a pile of bicycles that were being trashed last week. It is a rust bucket. I'm new to this whole Moped thing. The CIAO looks like crap, but seems to be fair mechanically. I haven't 'cracked the motor yet, but it is not locked up

I will need:

- manuals

- BothTires & Tubes size - 21x2.25

- throttle & throttle cable

- horn

- carb

- clutch / transmission

- Chain

- Brakes

- Wisdom & Advice

Just let me know what you have.

thanks,

kevin

1157468643_craigs_house_010.jpg

Dean, Im going to list the bikes for reasonable portland prices but I will let people make offers and leave contact information.

Kinetic 300, red ciao 400, green ciao 400, blue caio 550

Kevin,

1. If your motor turns over DO NOT CRACK IT

2. Haynes manual https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/read.php?f=6&i=36634&t=32046

3. moped tires are measured differently then bicycle tires, you need 16X2.25

4. your brakes,horn, carb, clutxh, transmission are exspensive to replace, whats wrong with them? are they all missing?

5. its THE most common bicycle size chain.

6. if your actually missing your throttle, you dont need to replace it with thr Domino brand grip that they came with.

For parts,

Zippy.

Angelo

50cc.nl

-Zane

Zane, thank-you for the rapid replay. Below i tries to address & give explanation to the questions you raised.

1. If your motor turns over DO NOT CRACK IT

- Ok good advice.

2. Haynes manual

- Thanks, it on its way...

3. moped tires are measured differently then bicycle tires, you need 16X2.25

- The tires actually have 2-1/4 - 17 & beneath (_21x2.25_)

Manufactured by CHENG SHIN. tires & tubes

4. your brakes,horn, carb, clutxh, transmission are exspensive to replace, whats wrong with them? are they all missing?

_Nothing is missing as far as I can determine._

- The brakes need shoes.

- Back of the Horn housing is smashed.

- I will disassemble the Trans to "look see" - _any

gotcha's? What should I look for, in terms of can be

rebuilt _vs_ replaced. _(I do have a limited fabrication

capability.)_

- All of the cables are rusted , EXCEPT the compression

release. _What would be the replacement parts

possibilites?_

5. its THE most common bicycle size chain.

- YAY!

6. if your actually missing your throttle, you dont need to replace it with thr Domino brand grip that they came with.

- The grips are worn and need to be replaced. The cable is

rusted. And the caliper assembly is broken, the brake

light switch and the cable adjustment are broken away

from the main assembly on the handlebar. _(SEE the attached photo)_

1157479527_craigs_house_024.jpg

I assure you you have 16 inch rims and the correct tire size is 16x2.25 unless someone respoked your hubs to different rims.

clean the crap out of your brake hub and adjust the cable cable slack so you have less play. Ive owned 32 mopeds and have never needed to replace a brake shoe.

Is there anything wrong with your transmission? dont break what isnt broken. Your rear hub uses oil, fill it with the correct type.

Do you still have those Motobecane parts?? :D

Can you describe in more detail! :D

Motobecane Master /

I need a speedometer cable for a moby. You have that?

Motobecane stuff.

The yard sale is this weekend, I still have everything.

Earlier this year I bought out West Coast Mopeds and Guerilla Rides Motobecane inventory.

I'm in the process of turning 12 50v parts bikes into 6 50v completes. I have a lot of stuff but until I know what I need for the 6 I'm building, I won't be taking ANY parts requests.

For now Im just getting rid of big things, frames, fenders, forks, wheels. Eventually I will have a ridiculous amount of stuff for sale but not today.

dude dont buy a used speed cable, handy bikes has them for 15 new.

Parts for sale:

3 frames, 1 without engine mounts brackets.

2 front forks

2 sets fof fork tube covers, in blue

1or2 front fenders

4 rear fenders

Re: Motobecane stuff.

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

OK, be sure to let me know know what left over motobecane stuff you have in the future.

« Go to Topic — end of thread