Looking for a Jawa...

i am looking for a Jawa that looks like the picture in the attachment. i believe that its a babetta.

if you know where i could locate one i would appreciate it alot.

thanks.

-Justin

1157082833_jawababetta2.jpg

Re: Looking for a Jawa...

why oh god why would you want a jawa

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

good lord.

Hint ebay. It's in NY.

Grey

because for some strange reason i like them.

ugh.

i wish i had the money for it....

damn.

3 cheers for lithium! woop woop! Dude have you ever worked on a jawa??

yes. they are a little more complicated than the puch moped in my opinion.

have you ever worked on one?

a little, but I've heard nothing but horror stories about how they have no points and ignition problems. But some people say they have no problems whatsoever with them.

i read something about it.

the ones towards the 1990's had alot of issues because the jawa manufacturing plant was going bankrupt and would frequently close for random periods of time. the last ones that were built werent machined very well. and would run great for about 300 miles or so then either die/seize/or explode. so you have to know which ones you were looking for. the jawa plant during the wwII era also produced firearms for the war effort. and they produced firearms during the 1980's to help keep the business afloat.

Cool info. I admire you for lusting after Jawas. Every moped brand has a history so I'm glad that you are out there to preserve it. Ride on.

thanks brotha.

godspeed.

I have just found a Jawa 530 "noped" 49cc model from 1991. Missing the mirror, kickstart pedal, and the plastic cowls. Other than that it looks OK. I actually got the engine to start. leaks gas at the fuel bowl though; seals probably rotted out.

I may be on he trail of one of these that runs...I live near Hershey, PA.

i loved my jawa. it sat outside and rusted for years, and i never had any problems, after i got it running. i sold it this summer, after putitng 600 miles on it. i know there are two jawas possibly for sale in northern CT, they dont run now, but the guy said he was thinking of selling them if he ever got them running. also, they do seem to pop up on craigslist.

« Go to Topic — end of thread