WTB: Garage Space in SF

A friend and I are looking for a monthly garage space to keep two mopeds in with full, 'round the clock access for around 25 to 50 bucks each bike, per month. We are in the Lower Haight and no longer than 2 weeks after we got these bikes, Someone has already smashed up the tip of one of the spark plugs with something like a huge fucking boulder or brick. This has happened to my motorcycle too, I think I heard it has something to do with making a crack pipe or something...Anyway, does anyone in SF do this or know someone who does? Is $25-50 a pipe dream in this costly city of ours, even for moped Storage? Thanks

Re: WTB: Garage Space in SF

Maitland Of the Loin /

I dont think even the creatures have found any suitable garage space.

but you could probably ask one of em who has a garage to store your peds for you

WTB: Garage Space in SF

i would bet that $25 is probably a pipe dream. i live in toronto, which is a fair bit cheaper than SF, and a garage here will run you over $100 a month. i've been looking forever. good luck though. it sounds like you need one.

$25 will be hard to find on craigslist, but I think you could prolly find a spot for $50. Another idea is to put up flyers around the neighborhood saying that you are willing to pay $25 a month to store your moped in someone's garage. Just an idea. Also, if you do get a garage space, make sure to keep it locked up -- you never know who will be coming and going.

fyi . . .

for those unfamiliar with the story, here's the classic sparkplug/crackhead post on craigslist:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/27499971.html

Thanks RT, that was good reading.

Holy crap! Dudes, I swear to god, it happened again. late last night. The bizarre thing is, probably went down right around the same time as I was writing my original post! Fucking fuck. Crack Zombies man. FUCKING,... KHAAAN!! Tonight there is a sign taped to the bikes, "There are no spark plugs on these bikes, thanks". We really don't know what else to do, short of shotgun stake outs. Oh yeah, thanks for that Craigslist link. Pretty funny and of course I TOTALLY relate.

Maitland Of the Loin /

secretly electrify the frame by plugging it into a wall socket.

worse comes to worse when they hit the plug and somehow bridge two pieces of metal you get a fire juggler.

that and well a murder rap and no more moped

heh heh. At this point, it'd almost be worth it.

are your peds blue by any chance? been seeing two blue peugeots rolling around.

leave a fouled plug right on top of the engine.

elliot

Yeah, a hand grenade that's shaped like a fouled plug, James Bond shit...

Well I'm happy to report that last night went smoothly with no harm done. Also, we found a neighbor down the street who says he will rent us some space in his garage for sixty a month. That's for two peds! Killer deal. Seems this thread will have a happy ending to it after all.

Yeah Elliot, that's probably us you've seen riding around on the two, "his n' hers" matching light blue Peugeots. Eric looks especially tough when he mobs in his Winnie The Pooh sweatshirt. Are you the Creature that stopped by the house and had a chat with him the other day?

nope haven't met you guys, you should come to a ride somtime, edinburgh castle 8:30 mondays.

Yeah we definitely want to ride with a fleet. Just gotta get these guys up to speed, they have been dormant for a while. Sooner or later...

don worry i got the slowest ped in that fleet

1st day 20 mph O ya!!!

Incorrect. When my ped is working, it is the slowest. Except for orange moby, but it's not far behind and I have a bigger carb! Le sigh.

No, Lindsay's puch is the slowest, thanks a lot Paz.

A Puch that's slower than a 102 Poo-joe? Maybe if someone put molasses in the tank. tee hee. I'll have to see it to believe it.

come ride and find out

« Go to Topic — end of thread