F/S: 21mm Dellorto PHBG Racing carb !

Smitty Smith /

The Racing Moped carb that adds POWER to the 'ped!!!

Re: F/S: 21mm Dellorto PHBG Racing carb !

how do you make that work.

Doesn't loook like a pull knob choke in the pics. What's up?

Also aren't the racing carb versions black with a screw on throtle slide cover?

http://www.dellorto.it/_Inglese_/tabelle_prodotti.asp?sottoarea=ciclomotori&sezione=0&sottosezione=0

Smitty Smith /

See attachment. I used the same listing as the last one that I sold. Sorry for the misleading pics. It does have the pull-knob choke.

There are different versions of these carbs. A 21mm carb in place of a 12 or 14 mm carb, would you not consider that a racing carb for a Moped???

Smitty

www.smcmopeds.com

1157024057_newparts_057.jpg

My link seems busted, so another example:

http://www.1977mopeds.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=64

I don't like when people try and pimp their ebay sales. If you want to sell here, sell here. If you want to use the Moped Army forums to drive traffic to ebay, that's another thing. I know there are no rules against it, and sellers should definitely get everything they can, but I think it takes advantage of the community spirit of this forum and if people are going to use this site as an advertising tool there should be a cost.

Either way, your second pic doesn't show either the screw on throttle cover, or the black powder coating. You seem like a very upstanding moped vendor from the rest of your posts, I just don't think you're selling what you are advertising in this instance.

I'd jut like it to be less ambiguous as I would actually like to get one of the racing PHBG's.

Smitty Smith /

Damn Matt, I didn't mean to ruffle feathers, hell, I'm just trying to provide what upgrade parts that I can find!

I never claimed black powder-coating (what difference does powder coating make on the carb anyway, other than l@@ks??!!??), nor did I advertise this carb as having a screw-on throttle cap!

If that's the carb you're looking for, don't buy mine, buy the other!

I've built LITERALLY hundreds of Moped engines!!! I myself would consider a 21mm carb on any Moped to be for "Racing".

From my understanding, the PHBG line of carbs, regardless of color, or type of cap, are for Racing Mopeds.

Nowhere have I been dishonest at all, as far as I know.

Tell ya' what, I'll stop posting here when I have anything listed on eBay ... but I did figure that since my posts are Moped-related, it belonged here, but I guess not, since I'm "pimping" my eBay listings (WTH?).

BTW, if I owe Simon King (the forum owner) anything for listing here in the BUY/SELL forum, then I'm sure HE'd let me know.

Smitty

www.smcmopeds.com

No feathers are ruffled. No way am I saying that what you posted was dishonest. I'm only trying to make things clear. I still stand by my statement that you are an upstanding moped vendor and do quality work from what I have read on this forum.

It's just when I saw a listing for a PHBG Racing carb, I expected it to have the features I mentioned earlier. The powder coating may not do anything, but it does look different and won't be subject to the same corrosion as a standard PHBG. The screw on throttle slide cover makes some tuning changes much easier on a cramped installation. Also the racing versions, from the OEM of a vendor, tend to be more expensive.

My point about people linking to their ebay ads isn't pointed at you. Just a general statement. As there are no rules for posting personal ebay ads, consider the grief you get from me as the price. So it's practically free.

correction

"OEM or a vendor"

Not that my two cents is needed... but here it is

I knew about the "racing version" when linked to the page and no its not technically that carb. It is as Smitty said, however, a freaking racing carb for a moped. SO calling it a racing carb is not calling it THE racing version, something that only people like you and me apparantly would really even know about, because OBVIOUSLY we both have too much time on our hands and know all that crap and go further to discuss it! haha, but seriously... If someone was picky enough for it to matter than they would also know the differance in the way it looks. Your personal experience of being "let down" when it wasnt the pretty black one doesnt justify scrutenizing Smitty.

i feel there should just be another forum "being sold elsewhere"

with that said, this carb is in my watch list.

smitty, does yours have the quickjet replacement feature? Im on vikadin so i might be making this up but i think I heard some of the 21s have it.

I think thats on the powdercoated "racing" verson although I imagine you could buy the float bowl and attach it to a regular phbg. You can also get a clear float bowl which is pretty awesome.

Grey

Smitty Smith /

A clear float bowl would be too awesome Grey!!! Do you know where I can find these???

Thanks!

Smitty

www.smcmopeds.com

I think 1977mopeds has them and I think puchshop may sell them also.

Grey

« Go to Topic — end of thread