FS: 1986 Garelli Monza GT *$225* PA (Pick-up Only)

My Garelli Monza is back up for sale. I had a local buyer in the works, but that fell through. It should be noted that I WILL NOT SHIP this bike. Don't ask about it, and don't tell me I should consider it. I've sold a Puch Maxi, Avanti SS, and a Columbia Apache through these forums, and never had to ship. It's just something I'm not comfortable doing.

I can describe this bike fairly easily. It runs perfect!! No hiccups. Large-finned Garelli TigerCross motor with a Dellorto SHA 14.12, will do a solid 35 mph for me all day long, with good take-off as well. Brakes are tight, tires have good tread, lights all work. Has high/low beams (with working indicators on dashboard).

Cosmetics are the downside on this bike. Garelli lettering and decals on this bike are flaking and peeling, paint has scratches, and gas tank has a small dent. Speedo is not functional.

If you want a bike that will run forever and be reliable (I have taken this bike on a 50 mile round trip), this is your ticket. It's not in very good shape, but it will never let you down, and you won't freak out if you get it dirty.

$225, in Lebanon, PENNSYLVANIA

Re: FS: 1986 Garelli Monza GT *$225* PA (Pick-up O

just curiosity, whatcha pay for the bike? I mean, what you pay for it has absolutly nothing to do with it's value. But if your going to make a profit you sell it for more. And if you sell a running rare bike for 225, ya musta got it for like 150 bucks.

Just curiouse

I'm selling the bike for a bit less than I paid for it. I priced the bike to move; I have 5 weeks before I ship out to basic training, and I don't want to sit on it too long. I'm not afraid to take a little loss on the bike. I have a good-paying job, and mopeds are my only real indulgence, so I can afford to lose a few bucks here and there.

Do you have the title? How far are you from PA?

Thanks in advance

is it pedal start i cant tell from pic im guessing no but i wana double check.

I am located in Lebanon, PA, about 15 minutes outside Hershey. I can provide a Bill of Sale only for the bike. I have been riding it titleless in my area, because the police are not strict on moped regulations.

It is indeed pedal start.

It's amazing to me that people do not recognize a good deal when they see it. I should buy it back and mark up the price.

dude hi for some reson i knew the deal would fall thrue i am very very very very intrested!!!! you need to email me!!

For some reason I have the feeling that I'm going to e-mail you, and get a reply trying to coax me into shipping the bike. Unless you're willing to take a road trip from Ohio to PA, it's not going to work out.

Would you deliver it for $325 to northern VA? About a 3 hour trip.

I wouldn't mind a trip like that, but unfortunately I don't have a pick-up truck, or even a vehicle that this would even be close to fitting in. So, unfortunately I can't ship, or deliver this bike. Anyone who can drive to me, though, will definently get a good deal.

FS: 1986 Garelli Monza GT *$225* PA (Pick-up Only)

i'd buy it if you weren't so far away! i can't believe that fell though. nice bike and a nice price.

Thanks anyway Steve, I hope someone from here gets it. My offer still stands if no one follows through and you're able to borrow a pickup or something

do u know if there would be a way to get a title for it in nj with the bill of sale?

ya should have sold it to me for more money

I'm getting offers left and right for this bike, but I'm just not comfortable shipping it. Bikes don't necessarily sell within the first couple days. I can be patient for a local buyer. With the amount of interest generated, I'm sure the right person will come along.

lol hahahaha remember last time. wasn't 10 minuites and we had it all worked out. lol

really wanted that thing.

Yeah, we did have it together pretty quick. Then I had the opportunity to sell it locally, which didn't pan out. After having all that time to think about it, I then realized I wanted to stray away from shipping it. Too much fuss.

It really isn't that hard, wheels and handlebars, a custom box. Someone who does it often could have it whipped together in about an hour. Coming to mass anytime soon? :]

i really wnat taht bike but i have no cash i would offer to trade u my dirtbike but i wouldnt exspect that to work so i wont if its still for sale after i get my next pay check or 2 i will deffentlly buy.

that is unless you would concider the trade?? and then possably sell the item i gave you.

Yeah, trade would be a no-go, I'm moving out of state and just need to sell the bike straight up.

I am interested, and I could pick it up september 9th or 10th. Let me know.

September 9/10th being a Saturday and a Sunday, I will be home until 5 pm both days. If you are really interested, email me paulmooney@gmail.com , and I can provide you with an address to MapQuest and we can pick a day/time to meet up.

Have you sold this moped yet?

Im in VA but def kow where Lebanon is and am willing to roadtrip up to get it.

Are the tires in ok shape? ANy cracking on them?... and I dont really care about the paint and stuff but is there any Rust?

thanks

The tires are great, and there isn't any rust, due mostly to the fact that all of the bodywork is plastic, except for the tank and the frame. The sale of this bike is pending. I have 3 people waiting in the wings to buy it if the first guy backs out. In the event that all 4 fall through, you'll be the first to know.

hey senc i oferd first i got dibbs yes i will pick up i was going to buy it from rob!!!

Actually, you just posted a message here that said that I "need" to e-mail you. Meanwhile, other interested people were e-mailing me (the seller), with questions and offers. It appears now that the bike is sold. All apologies.

« Go to Topic — end of thread