WTB Moped near Charlottesville, VA

Anthony K /

My sister is starting a Master's program at UVA and is finding that parking her car is a huge pain. She avoids driving just so that she won't lose her parking spot. Anyway, she's ridden on one of my mopeds in the past and is now thinking about getting one, and I thought I'd help her look. It should be something reliable... she doesn't own a lot of tools and doesn't have a lot of patience for fixing things. I told her she might think about something more like a 2-year old Japanese scooter if she really doesn't want to do any work on it, but she said that's out of her price range and that she doesn't mind doing a _little_ wrenching. Anyway, if you're near there and have a reliable, running bike you might want to sell, let me know! Thanks,

-Anthony

Re: WTB Moped near Charlottesville, VA

Weird, do you not have to be logged in to post in the Buy/Sell forum? Somehow I started this thread without logging in, so my profile wasn't shown.

I thought that was odd also. My first thought when I read this was, "Where is lankybits?"

Also, why I was reading a post about wanting to buy a moped in VA, when I live in Kansas, I can not answer.

Shoot me an email and I can get you to some folks in Richmond that are selling some mopeds. There are probably anywhere form 4-8 for sale that are good.

Joe, I sent you an email... thanks for your help!

Hey. Im also from near c-ville and want a moped for the same reasons... could i get that info on peds in Richmond?

Erin, he put me in touch with a couple of guys from the Hell's Satans gang... you can look them up in the "Members" section. Unfortunately, they didn't have anything for sale. Good luck!

Hey- I was just looking up more about VA laws for moped riding since I'm looking to buy one and came across this:

http://www.charlottesville.org/index.aspx?recordid=208&page=635

Does anyone know anything more about this?

I would just like to add that I read the definition of moped and motor-driven cycle about five times, and I knew much better what the difference was before trying to read the legalese.

all this is doing is preventing people from riding "pocket bikes" on roadways...won't affect many in this forum.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account