2001 Tomos $250

Collins Heavener /

I’ve got a 2001 Tomos Sprint (kick start) sitting in my garage. I bought it somewhere around 3-4 years ago with 500 km on it. I rode it for a few months (putting no more than 1000 km on it) before it began to lack in power. over the period of a week, flat ground speed went from 35 to low twenties and low end power cut in half.

I wrote extensivley on this forum asking for help on what to do. I did everything anyone suggested (clean carb, exhaust, change ring and piston and plug and plug cable, change ATF, and a bunch of other things) and nothing improved. I brought it to a mechanic who charged me 100 some dollars which may have gained me a few miles per hour but nothing significant.

In it’s time it has spilled 2 or 3 time, but no significant damage ever resulted (only scraped put pegs and damage to the left hand brake light sensor). The loss of power wasn’t related, as far as I could tell from one of these accidents because there was a good month of clear sailing before the problem started.

I just don’t understand this problem because everything is in fine working condition. It starts first kick even after sitting in my garage for 2 winters. Right now, I have given up on this moped, as sad as it is and I would like to get rid of it. I paid 800 for it as a perfect condition ped. I've also realized that I'm broke and in need book money for school. First $250 gets it. I live in VT and can help deliver to most parts the surrounding states.

Photo attached

1156517880_tomos.jpg

Re: 2001 Tomos $250

Where in vermont i'll buy it.

Are you close to wells... could you meet half way?

Collins Heavener /

Perfect, it's yours. I can meet you half way. Call me on my cell 413 687 5961.

i'm asking my dad tongiht... i'll call you when i get in touch w/ him...

Do you have the title for the bike?

Collins Heavener /

that's a negative

Collins Heavener /

Well, then for the time being this Moped is still up for grabs...

I'll take it if it is still forsale!!!!

Could you get it ready to ship for me????

Collins Heavener /

I've never shipped an item like this. I'll stop by my post office to see what it would take to ship it. Where would it be going? Minnesota? E-mail me.

Soprry about not getting back to you my dad said "no title no deal" for that price, sorry again, hes back in new jersey now.

are you near mass? I'm near springfiels. How much to deliver???

so can you ship it to me????

Collins Heavener /

sold

To who??

to us

« Go to Topic — end of thread