OT: What to offer for Puch Top Tank

on my way home from school i saw a puch top tank in someone's backyard. it rained today and it was covered with a clear tarp, so clearly it's not too abandoned by the owners. i was going to ring the bell tomorrow and ask if they'd like to sell it. what would be a good price to offer if it is running? not running? it looked to be in pretty good shape from what i could see through the plastic

thanks in advance,

-chad

Re: OT: What to offer for Puch Top Tank

See Ya Moped Army /

$25 and work from there.

isn't that a little insulting?

Hey Chad, I just bought my '79Magnum MKII for $500, which I thought was pretty fair for L.A.,Ca.

It was in perfect mechanical running order but the tank was a little scratched and had a few small dents.

I would say if it runs good and is in decent shape about $400-$500 is a good price, especially if it's a 2 speed(MKII). If it's in poor condition, missing parts, or not running..I wouldn't pay more than $250 or $300.

They sel on e-bay for $500-$600 clean. They're great bikes!

Good luck!

-Ben

See Ya Moped Army /

Not at all. I've gotten at least 100 mopeds for $25 each or less over the years.

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Try and see if they know anything about it, or see if you can determine if they wouldn't mind it gone, or if they plan to fix it one day. Then make an offer keeping that in mind. Moped in Illinois are not nearly as common as they are in nj.

« Go to Topic — end of thread