sears allstate moped

looking for a sears allstate moped in Ohio 1959-1966.

Re: sears allstate moped

Why not 54-66?

I had a 1961 in high school,loved it. I guess any of the old Puchs will do. GOT ONE? THANKS

Two 54's and one '58. Love'em to death, but no, I'm not selling them. They started selling those puch-made mopeds through Sears in 1954. They made pretty much that same bike for 20 years or so. I do have a manual good for the early 50's ones that I have on CD. I give them away to people that have the oldies. If ya get one, and need a manual, email me for a copy.

---_DeeZy_

Thanks for the info. I just sold my Angel last week ,wasn't happy with it at all.Guess I won't be happy untill I find the right Allstate or Puch. THANKS....Jeff

DeeZy....I have just purchased a 1961 Sears Allstate moped and need some help. I need a service manual and I remember you said if I needed one to let you know.Looks like I need one.Will your manual cover this year?Just email me with a cost and I'll take care of it.Also, would you have any parts to sell if I need something? THANKS.....Jeff

I own what is considered the best unrestored Sears Allstate moped in th US. It is truly a museum piece and beyond beautiful. Its a 1958 and has a Ohio title. I will sell it as i ride it only 5 miles a year and keep it indoors 100% of the time. This bike will shock you! It can easily win any national show, as it is. I am 55 yrs old and have a collection of numerous bikes and i also own the rarest Camaro ever built, very very big bucks for that one! If your looking for a GREAT sears moped, give me a ring at 440-632-0823 ask for Mike

Hi Mike.....Just picked up a 1961 Sears Allstate moped on Mon. Wish I would have known sooner.Do you have any parts for sale? Please let me know. THANKS for your response.

Jeff

My advice to you olddog is NOT to put any money in that 61. Take a look at this 58 first, you will wind up buying it, guaranteed. Resale the 61, there not that hard to sell. Im giving you very good advice. Ask Mat at Motor West about my bike, he is for all intensive purpose the national expert on Sears mopeds. He will say the same thing. He seen it at a national show a few years back. My bike goes up in value annually, a very good investment because of the immaculate condition. Think carefully.

I trust your advise, what kind of money are we talking and could you send a couple of pics to my email address?

Thanks Mike......Jeff

Jeff, i currently do not have any pics, my computer crashed 2 weeks ago and lost everything i had stored. Next best thing though> Go to this site>puchverkstan.se/ then click on the moped view> then click on pic PUCH MSL- 1957 Swedish type number 1450. Mine is very near that condition, without the whitewall tires. Bear in mind also that mine is not restored, that one is. It is beyond mint , trust me. For price, you can call me, but i prefer you see it in person first. You are in northeast Ohio correct? my number is 440-632-0823. If that site does not come up try this>http://www.puchverkstan.se/?m=1lang=en#ms50159 Thanks, Mike

Hi Mike.....Well I just talked to Motor West yesterday and gave them my Vin # to authenticate the year of my Allstate and did I get a surprise! I thought I had a 1961 but it turns out to be a 1955 according to their book. I was shocked!! This bike only has 852 miles, is complete and was stored for over 43 years that I know of. Hey, I'm an old guy too, at age 59 I'm reliving my childhood, had one of these in high school.

Well Mike I don't think I will be interested buying your bike now because of the things I have learned about mine, but thanks for all the info and your time. Could you please answer one question for me, what spark plug do you use and what is the gap? THANKS.....Jeff

There is one justy listed on ebay, in PA, looks pretty good, just needs painted, I think it runs. NO it's not mine, I just saw it on there a few min. ago.

Hey there,

We just gotta see some pictures of your bike!

Yes they are the coolest! And sorry I haven't got you your manual yet...... I will, I swear! It will be in your hands very soon.

Really wanna see your bike! It's pure dark red, then, huh?

---_DeeZy_

how is a moped "beyond mint"?!

I had some nice pics, but my computer crashed 2 weeks ago, lost EVERYTHING!! I will post it as soon as i get a chance. If fact, i will try to get some proffesional shots in more detail. The bike is really for a museum, not one that you would use for daily transportation. It stays inside my house always. Try to post in a few weeks. Kevin, give me a call because i will save you 5 years of research to get the correct information about the allstates. Lots of stuff! 440-632-0823

How does a bike get in a museum Huffy?

Thanks Mike I'll call, I can use all the info I can get........Jeff

« Go to Topic — end of thread