FS: 1977 motobecane 50v (NH-Mass border)

This is a re-post as the item is still for sale. This is a 1977 motobecane 50v. I recently got a newer moped and have since lost interest in it. I have taken great care of the 50v and it is still in good condition. The moped does run, but only when I pedal and rev it past about half throttle any lower than that and it stalls. It most likely needs some tuning on the carb and maybe timing, but I just don’t have time to play with it anymore. It was running good for a while and would run and drive, but it started to get fickle.

I have replaces a lot of parts on this motobecane including : New cylinder, new piston, new rings, new Dellorto 14/12 carb, new gaskets everywhere, new novi coils, new condenser, new cam, new petcock, new throttle cable, new seat, and new grips. I also put concrete etcher in the gas tank and cleaned it out a lot so the tank is in good shape. The tires do have some cracks on them and will most likely need replacement at some point. Everything buy the horn works fine in the electrical. There are a few nicks and scratches here and there but nothing major. There is very little if any surface rust except on the kickstand, a tiny spot on the very rear fender, and one of the U bars that holds the front fender.

I will also give the original cylinder and grunter carb to whoever buys it. I’m asking $300. I live in Rindge, NH which is 1000ft above the Mass boarder. If anyone is near by and wants to check it out thats fine, just arrange a time. I will also fill out a bill of sale as usual. This is pick-up only, but I will drive about say an hour or so away to meet anyone that wants to buy it

Re: FS: 1977 motobecane 50v (NH-Mass border)

pic 1

1155689616_50v1.jpg

pic 2

1155689697_50v2.jpg

pic 3

1155689829_50v3.jpg

How fast does it go? I live in concord just up the road a bit. What area is Rindge? I'd be interested in taking a look at it.

I had it going around 23mph at most. It seemed like it still needed to be tuned a bit though. I tried not to go to fast because when it was running good it was breaking in so I kept at 3/4 throttle.

just mapquest rindge. It is 20min southeastish of keene

still for sale....

bump

Hi,

I might be interested in this moped, as it sounds good, but I'm running on a tight budget; would you be willing to go down at all on the price of the ped? Feel free to let me know at stew2YWP@yahoo.com. Thanks.

-Stewart

Monson, MA

I'll contact you via your email.

still for sale. $300 or best offer.

« Go to Topic — end of thread