FYI My FA50 is on ebay.

My Suzuki FA50 is out there in cyber space being evaluated and judged by the unwashed masses (My people)

Rusty

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:11&item=270017872520

Re: FYI My FA50 is on ebay.

that thing looks pimpin rusty. I'm liking the black/white/adidas paint on the footpeg panels. What's with the BMX bike pegs ( the silver ones)? You put 2 people on that thing?

No way you are hauling two people on the mushy rear shock, the BMX pegs were from before I had found the proper foot peg assy.

(Now I'm looking for the correct bolt where I put the peggs which I'm sure I'll find it)

Funny the pegs came to me with the strips and I just never bothered to paint it.

Oh well.

RB

wish I were closer. That's the only one I've ever seen with any kind of performance mods on it. What bolt you need? I'll send it to ya.

It's the engine mount bolt, I have it here on my work bench somewhere, I'm sure I'll find it.

Thanks for the generous offer.

Rusty

lemme know if you dont find it. I'm just listing my engines and carbs, all else is getting chucked.

Rusty, sorry to see you're selling this one, too. Are you keeping your Moby, at least?

Oh hell yes I'm keeping it!

The "Time travler" didn't sell but it was fun getting feedback on it.

I have 3 vintage home built motorbikes and 2 mopeds so I'll never be out of projects.

The Moby is my latest obsession.

Rusty

Where did you order the biturbo exhaust? Looks like you simply cut the old exhaust and put it on the end? Is it much louder with it? What about the larger carb? haha sorry for the questions. Been looking for mods to my FA50 for a while.

I got the 2 peice Biturbo from 1977 mopeds, it's designed for the Tomos and "other mopeds".

I choped off the stock muffler added compression slots in the muffler where it clamps to the header and made an aluminium shim, jammed it to together and clamped it down.

Also had to make that bracket you see holding up the muffler from an engine bolt.

The carb and manifold was bored out with a dremmel tool by a guy on here who parted out his bike.

It looked like he did alot of work on it but it still had a stock jet and only was doing about 17 mph.

I cleaned the carb real good and drilled the jet to get it to run WOT 30mph, I also drilled some holes on the bottom of the air box.

I have a FZ50 2 speed 2.5HP engine that is so simmilar to the FA50 engine, I was going to put it in this frame but I have not been able to find a FZ50 rear wheel I needed to do this, so the engine will go on the shelf for a future project while I look for a wheel.

Rusty

One day left.

(Shameless plug)

RB

« Go to Topic — end of thread