Vespa Ciao tire needed - 16 x 2.50 - ASAP

doreen the monster /

Hey all.

Well, Kate, Rob and I were all set to change out the tube in my front tyre... until Kate noticed the whole side of the tyre had a huge crack in it.

At this late stage in the game, it looks like I won't be riding the Ciao up in Richmond.

Unless, of course, you happen to know where I can get a 16 x 2.50 or 16 x 2.25 tyre forthwith. I think it wouldn't get here in time if I were to order from 1977, and Handy Bikes didn't seem to have any on their website. I took a look at Moped Warehouse, and I think the only ones they carry in stock are 17 x 2.25 Sava Slicks.

Are there any other options on getting tyres either online or through someone in the moped community? You can either leave a post or e-mail me.

-doreen

Re: Vespa Ciao tire needed - 16 x 2.50 - ASAP

Moped Warehouse has a lot more parts in stock than what is listed on their site, so you should try to call them.

Also try Steve's Moped as he has lots of tires in stock:

http://www.stevesmoped.com/parts/mopedparts.html

Solexly, BrianSolex

call your local motorcycle shops, you might get lucky.

doreen the monster /

I was in a motorcycle shop today, getting a tyre iron and a tyre spoon to change the tube (as at the time that's all I thought I needed to do). The mere mention of the word "moped" sort of made Keith the Sales Assistant buck his head back a bit. I saw the tyres they had--big, meaty manly-man motorcycle tyres. If one of those tyres were to roll down a hill, they would knock my Ciao over with a swift bounce.

I was in a bicycle shop on Sunday as well, and they seemed to have a similar "WTF" reaction to the word "moped" as well. It's like a Goldilocks complex... "This tyre is too big. This tyre is too small."

Thank you for your responses. I wasn't aware that Moped Warehouse had more stock than shown. I'll call them tomorrow, or convince my significant other to give them a ring while I'm at work (cough). Steve's Moped and Bicycle World seems promising with its statement of "Hundreds of tires in stock at Steve's!" But alas, they'll be closed tomorrow.

Again, thanks.

-doreen

I just got 2 2.5x16" tires and 2 tubes for 32.00 in 2 days. Just go on ebay and punch in moped tires, or 2.5x16 and they should pop up. I still saw them on there today. They're 60 MPH speed rated with directional tread. good luck

Steve's is only closed on Wednesdays in the winter. They'll be open tomorrow.

1155096556_vespa1.jpg

Hey!

Since you were discussing tire mounting in the other thread.

For a mounting lubricant I use Turtle wax "Wet Black" tire conditioner.

It is a clear liquid in a squeze bottle, kinda oily and has a plesant smell.

When you are all done you wipe the side walls down and say "Ah" looks so nice!

Rusty

doreen the monster /

Sweet. Thanks for the tip.

I've sent an e-mail to Seattle Mopeds. I'll make phonecalls later today to them and other establishments.

-doreen

Doreen,

I have 16 x 2.25 and 16 x 2.50 tires in stock for $16.00 ea.

I can ship today. Shipping will be $12.00 by priority mail. You will have them in 2 or 3 days .

Ike

www.ikesbikes.com

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account