Re: Smitty's Racing E50 For Sale ;^)

Smitty /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

hehehe...

We listed the engine on eBay (in our store) yesterday. The Buy it Now price _was_ $1500 ... Mrs. Smitty is truly proud of this engine ;^)

BUT, as I explained to her this morning, nobody's going to pay $1500 for a Moped engine!!! I wouldn't! Even though I spared no expense in building it, and it has well proved itself, as well as proved my abilities. I'm not arguing the value of the engine, because to me, heck yes it's worth that much ... but, everyone who I have built engines for can tell you that I do not charge what I could, and maybe sometimes should.

My wife is constantly saying: "You're ONLY charging them $X, for all the work that you put into it???". Then my response is :"ummm, well, yes... I can't charge them what the bill shows!" Maybe this is bad business in a way, because maybe I lose a little money here and there, but I justify that by feeling that if I cut my prices, then I'll get more jobs. Therefore, I always have her to discount the final bill.

Back to this particular engine.

This thing started-out sort of as a "secret weapon" ... and I was determined to build it to beat anything (Moped) that went up against it. I've beat Scooters with this engine!!! It's pulled past kitted water-cooled Scooter up hill, and I've beat 150cc Scooters, with me having less than half the engine size!!! I've not run this 'ped against any other kitted Moped that could whip it off the line, or across the finish line. I've not radared this thing against anything that even came close to its acceleration or top-speed. It out-accelerates kitted Tomos engines ... and that's saying a lot since this is a 1-speed Puch E50!!!

Bottom-line:

It is worth every dime of the current Buy it Now price of $1200 ... if not, I'll keep it ;^)

Smitty

SmCmopeds.com

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account