Need Batavus Regency parts ASAP!!!

hey - i need a choke cable, air box, and coil to get a bike runnign to bring to the Ghost Ride next weekend - if anyone knows of any exchangeable parts from another make/model, let me know ~ and i will pay to get it NextDay... ~ thanks

Re: Need Batavus Regency parts ASAP!!!

My Batavus has the m48 engine, I don't know how similar the choke assemblies are. But it seems to me that a double-ended throttle cable for a Puch maxi might work--you might have to modify it a bit, but it has basically the same end pieces.

Blackfingers, I'm parting out a Trac Eagle, it uses the same Laura M-56 engine as the Bat. Regency. The only one of your parts that I may have is the coil, but you'll have to be more specific.... do you mean the high tension coil that the spark plug connects to?

hey man - yeah - its high tension coil - i've tried another one i have and it doesn't work - let me know if you still have it, and if you know of any other options for the choke cable since no one has one anywhere in world apparently has one. also, the airbox for the carb is missing, and i was thinking of replacing it with an aftermarket ~ any suggestions?? thanks man - let me know how much you want for the coil - shipped 2 day UPS...

I can take a picture of the coil when I get home. I'm not real familiar with my Trac-- I never really tried to get it running-- but if I recall correctly, the steel plates that the coil wraps around looked kind of rusty. Anyway, a pic is worth 1000 words, so I'll show you what I'm talking about tonight and you can decide.

OK, Blackfingers, 3 pictures of the coil are attached. Does that look like what you need? It's made by Bosch, and it's stamped with the numbers 0 212 940 008. The plates that make up the core of the transformer are rather rusty, as you can see, but that may not affect its operation. The low-voltage side has a resistance (to the ground lead) of only about 2 Ohms, while the high-voltage side has a resistance of about 8.5 Kilo Ohms... hopefully someone can confirm that those numbers are reasonable?

If you want to take a chance on it, I'd ship it for $10 (USPS Priority Mail-- would take 2 days to Chicago). If you really had to have UPS, I'd have to recalculate. Let me know by email.

1154993936_laura_m56_ht_coil.jpg

yeah - i can paypal you the money of that works - USPS will be okay, this is for a bike to take to Grand Rapids this weekend, so yeah i have to try to get it going.... thanks man

Cool, PayPal $10 to me tonight and I'll have it in the mail tomorrow. Use the email address in my profile. I hope it works out for you, I'd love to make it to a rally someday.

« Go to Topic — end of thread