how much is my moped worth do you think?

I have 1978 Puch Maxi moped that I am considering selling. It is in excellent condition for its age.It has a little over 1000 miles on it. My neighbor helped me get it back to running last year. Almost everything on it is original parts. the only thing is that the spedometer doesn't always work right and the turn signals that are on it do not work. Does anyone have an idea of what it might be worth or how I could find out? Any info would be appreciated.

Re: how much is my moped worth do you think?

ill give you $100

at least 350

Show a picture of it.

$300 to 500

(8<

I'm with the Huffster. 350. Pic would help.

From your description I'd say put it out there for 425 or b/o. Include any extra parts and accessories to entice offers.

Also- Sorry to double post, but any serious rust will drop the price like a stone.

Post pics, but from description, 450.

I am quite sure that there is no rust on it. If there is it is very little. It sat buried behind junk in my grandmothers basement from 1987 until last year. The tires weren't even bad on it. The title got lost through the years but I am working on getting that replaced. I will try to get a pic posted as soon as I can. Thanks for your input.

The market seems to be wide open now, and a lot depends on where you live. A mint 77 with 300 original miles went on eBay for $400 a few weeks ago. Only 70 miles from me, too. A similar one in South Carolina went for $670. Local sales off eBay seem to be in the $350-500 range.

All prices on well-built mopeds seem to be going up as people rediscover how much fun they are, and the cachet of a classic bike. Bikes that went for $125 a few years ago are going for two or three times that. Solexes are suddenly highly collectable.

« Go to Topic — end of thread