Columbia Open Road in Mass

I've got a pretty nice Columbia for sale. It has a brand new Solo "Liquid Cooled" engine. It is pretty fast too, indicates 30 MPH. Fairly priced at $350. I'll add some photos later.

Re: Columbia Open Road in Mass

bump

photo

Here is a shot of the Columbia. It has about 1,600 miles, is in unmolested condition, needs detailing, chrome will clean up nicely. Has original tires, starts easily, all cables are good has good brakes too. The headlight doesn't work yet, but I hope to have that repaired soon. It has a variator drive so it is good on the hills and fast on the flats, lightweight design. less than 2 miles on New Old Stock engine. The old engine was stuck and I had a new engine so I just installed that one to save some time.

1154484651_open_road_left_side.jpg

Re: photo

Here is a shot of the right side.

1154484748_open_road_right_side.jpg

where in mass?

does it run? well?

i don't currently own a moped, this may be my first.

Wilbraham, just east of Springfield. It starts easily and runs great.

Holy Cow, and I thought that Motobecanes had a strange exhaust! That "pipe" (if you can call it that) is bizarre! I really like the tank in the thick, tubular frame, though.

ive never seen anything like this

very weird and interesting

i dont think thats a liquid cooled engine. why are there cooling fins and where is the radiator?

Ok, so here's the deal with the "liquid cooling" on that engine, there is a chamber between the cylinder and the cooling fins. it's a static chamber, kind of like if you put a soup can in a pot of water, the soup is the piston, the can is the cylinder the water is the anti freeze and the pot are the cooling fins....totally weird.

This engine does NOT have a variator though. It has a single speed belt driven transmission.

The mufflers are cool, the whole bottom un-bolts and you can take it all apart and clean it well.

Grey

This engine DOES have a variator just like a Peugeot 103 or a Motobecane 50V. The motor pivots back as the belt rides higher up the sheeves in the clutch. This is why it has that style exhaust, it is only mounted to the engine. The Solo motor is also case reed inducted. The air filter is not in the photo but I have a new one on order.

bump

bump

« Go to Topic — end of thread