thinking about selling

hey all,

I have a Batavus moped about 1980's or so. The engine runs, it rides w ell, however the belts keep getting chewed up. I am looking to sell this bike thinking around $300 or so...tell me what you think i could get for it or if anyone is intrested!!! thanks

Scott

Re: thinking about selling

pics? geez

i live in connecticut too dude, what do you mean by the belts get chewed up? and how are the lights/speedo/horn/basicly all electrical?, does it use a key?, what exact model is it?, is it premix?, whats the reson for selling?, top speed?, does it need anything repaired?

If you have a problem with the belt I can fix it, I have belts and pulleys and know how to fix this problem.

Z

Hey Ziggy.....I;m the one who bought this bike f rom you....your from southernton correct???

Right now i have repainted the bike and it runs PERFECT, however i have this belt problem. Someone told me it may be that the axels the pulleys go on have been pulling in too much by the belt tension and caused the bushings inside the engine to be worn down which caused a bent pully which caused the belt to roll off the pulleys, rubbing against the start bar eating the belts and as you may know these belts are $$$$$$$!!

Ziggy please let me know what i can do!!! i bought the bike from you for $150 and put at least $150 more into it. At this point i don't want the bike but she runs too well to give up!!!!

Scott

here is the picture...i have all other parts such as the covers etc, they just are not on the bike. I do not know if all lights and horn work, however engine starts right up no problem. However, i have a problem with the belt btw two pulleys. it just will not stay on and keeps falling off and getting chewed up!. I am looking for 300-350 for the bike

1154012412_img_0095.jpg
« Go to Topic — end of thread