How to sell a moped without being stolen?

Arthur Wells /

I am trying to sell my almost new Kinetic TFR for $350.

Yesterday a guy wanted to test ride the moped.

I felt I could sense that he was going to steal it so I told him I didn't want to sell it anymore.

I live in Indiana and mopeds are not registered, licensed or taxed; nothing.

So, how do you go about selling a moped without it being stolen?

Thanks and sorry for such a stupid question but I have never sold a moped.

Art

Re: How to sell a moped without being stolen?

Arthur Wells /

If anyone on here would like to buy my 2003 Kinetic TFR with only 800 miles on it; all miles put on in the last 3 weeks, please let me know.

I will sell it for $350 << I did want $550 but I am moving and need to get rid of it.

This moped has the large chrome rear rack, locking gas cap, and turn signals << those extras alone cost almost $200.

Thanks,

Art

If you want to sell your moped but are concerned about it being stolen, arrange to meet the prospective buyer at a parking lot so he/she can test it but that person must drive a car or truck to get there. They won't run off.

PS It wouldn't hurt to show up with a friend. OR a gun rack in your pickup.

No I am not a redneck, just don't like people that take advantage of others.

shit yeah, how far is bloomington from chicago?

-chad

Hold their drivers license while they test ride it,if that won`t work,ask for the amount of money you are asking,no tickie...no washie

bloomington is about 4 1/2 - 5 hours from chicago

tell them to leave there wallet or car keys with you

at the very least they would leave their license, and they woould have to be with an adult if they were under age........I was concerned with that with a kid that called and walked up wanting to buy my moped........I asked him for a drivers license and he said he didnt have 1, so I told him to come back with his parents..he never did

« Go to Topic — end of thread