Trac for sale/parts in Pittsburgh (Laura M56)

Please take this Trac Eagle off my hands. It has the same "Laura" M-56 engine as some later Batavuses (Regency, maybe others?) It is missing the toothed drive belt, which goes for about $30 at The Moped Junkyard, I guess. It is also missing the nut that holds the tripple tree onto the head tube, although I've pedaled it around without that and there seems to be no danger of the fork falling off... I think you could improvise a retaining cotter pin if you were worried about it. The tires will hold air OK, but are generally old and cracked looking. One pedal is messed up. I have the two plastic engine covers, but no other side covers (not sure if there even were any?) The exhaust is hanging loose, but it looks like the retaining clamp is just missing a bolt... any bolt and nut of similar diameter should do. The choke cable is missing. The carb is there, but the air filter is missing. The tank seems to be coated with a thin layer of rust inside; bare metal is visible in some places, and I don't see any deep pitting or anything.

The good news: The engine turns over, by hand at least. As dirty as the outside of the bike looks, I've had the flywheel cover off and it looks pretty clean in there. The chrome shocks are quite nice, they are still shiny and (I believe) unusually long for moped shocks... maybe what you need for a custom job? The plastic fenders, which I imagine are prone to breaking, are whole and uncracked. Same goes for both the plastic engine covers. The controls look and feel very nice... the grips are much nicer than your standard bicycle grips.

So, anyone interested in it? I'd prefer to sell the whole thing, but I could part it out. Again, this is in Pittsburgh, PA. Just reply here, I'll check back. Thanks,

-Anthony

Re: Trac for sale/parts in Pittsburgh (Laura M56)

I'd love to buy the whole bike, but I can't afford it at the moment. What do you want for the exhaust? I need one desperatly. Do you know if it will fit a 1987 Trac Liberty? Thanks in advance.

Prancer, I don't know about the exhaust fitting your bike. I don't really know much at all about Tracs, which is kind of why I'm getting rid of it-- I've decided I'll stick with Motobecanes, at least for now. Anyway, the only Liberty in the photo section looks much more modern, I would guess the exhausts aren't interchangeable.

A couple of things I forgot to mention:

Bump... I may have someone interested in some small parts, but I really want someone to buy the whole thing. I'll give it a couple of days before parting it out.

Attn: Prancer

Prancer, I saw your bike over on MRA, and it doesn't seem to be a Liberty at all (at least, not like the one in the photo section.) It appears to be an Olympic, and as far as I can tell I think the exhaust should work. The engine is the same, and it looks like it mounts up in the same way. Let me know if you want to give it a shot... how does $10 plus shipping sound?

does it have reed valves? and it intake square at head with 4 bolts holding it on?

The Trac Olympic does NOT have the Laura M56 engine. It has the Daelim Dp50 engine on it, and the exhaust does not look as if it would match up.

Thanks for clearing that up, Angie, I can see a couple of differences now that you mention it.

Anyone interested in anything from this bike? Other than the clutch-side engine cover and the petcock, I've got someone who's interested in those.

I'll take the exhaust. $10 sounds great. What do you want for shipping to Canton, Ohio? (44730)

Well, according to Angie the exhausts aren't compatible. She seems to be the resident Trac expert, she even made a nice Trac-dedicated site, so I would listen to her.

I mean, I'll still send you an exhaust if you want to pay for it, but it sounds like it's not just going to bolt on without some modification.

Anthony!

Can I get the metal disc that is on the right side of the bike? It is what would hold the belt on, it has two little screws and a brass knarp kind of thing in the center. I also need the petcock, if you've got it! The headlight, too, if it's good. I'll give you 35$ shipped for those two itemsLet me know what you want. Do you take pay-pal?

Oh, man, Jon, where were you two days ago? I am selling those very parts (that clutch plate and the petcock) to another guy. I had no idea that little plate was so desirable! If that falls through, I'll let you know, but I think it's almost a done deal.

I will check on the headlight for you, though. Do you want the whole headlight assembly/housing, or just the bulb?

I have lots of other parts, just not the two you picked! Let me know if you think of anything else.

My bike has the same engine (or so it would seem). Send me that exhaust anyhow, and I'll show you it'll fit. E-mail me your info please.

ok, i just noticed the angle of the cylinder. I guess you're right. nevermind then.

Jason Luther /

thanks for the parts anthony. they got here quick!

« Go to Topic — end of thread