NEED HONDA EXPRESS SR. ENGINE

I NEED A HONDA EXPRESS ENGINE IN GOOD CONDITION FOR A HEART TRANSPLANT...

Re: NEED HONDA EXPRESS SR. ENGINE

Jonas Quimby /

The Honda Urban Express engine is close enough you can adapt it to work. Part of the transmission (I think the final reduction gears) needs to be switched with the Express SR's, and the intake manifold doesnt have a connection for the SR's petcock vacuum control.

Might help you get going again.

I have an engine for a Honda Express. It needs a new spindle and a piston. It might get you farther down the road of rehabilitation.

I got a 1980 honda express engine on my bike that im gonna start parting out. I was riding it yesterday, so the engine is good. I also have a lot more parts:

I still got a:

newly cleaned carb

A wiring harness

Head and tail lights with brackets

both wheel w/ tires that hold air (back with hub and pad and all)

Seat with one tiny rip in back

Luggage rack

Engine

Tranny (minus the cover and kick start gears)

Frame

Fenders

footpegs

Handle bars w/ brakes, switches and all that stuff

Give me an offer and we'll do it up!!

how much for the engine and carb???

For the engine AND carb AND shipping I'm gonna say 60$.

Sound good?

Deal.........

Bob,

You got paypal??

If so, I can have the motor and carb out by Thurs afternoon, If not tomorrow.

Pay to: Shankdady69@aol.com

I'm gonna go outside now while its still light out and try to get that engine out for you.

I'll throw in the throttle cables to!!

Rob~

Yes i have paypal and can pay right away....i need your paypal info.....

Please include the air cleaner also..and we a re good to go..

Sorry, I just sold the air cleaner yesterday.

I hope thats OK.

I WANTED THE UNIT THAT THE TWO LINES FROM THE CARB GO INTO. I AM NOT SURE WHAT IT IS CALLED BUT THE HOSES ARE LABLED WITH LETTERS OR NUMBERS.

Bob,

I hope I didnt fuck up, but do the tranny and engine come apart?? Cause I promised the transmission cover and kick start to someone. I thought that the engine and transmission separated and I can't see how to do it

NO, THEY ARE INTEGRATED, I HAVE A WHOLE MOTOR THAT HAS LOW COMPRESSION BUT THE TRANNY IS GOOD. I NEED A GOOD RUNNING MOTOR.I CAN SWAP MOTORS AFTER IM RUNNING AND GIVE MY TRANNY AND BLOCK TO WHOEVER NEEDS IT.

Oh good, I was worried that I messed up. Is it possible that you can take a pic or describe to me where/how they come apart, Im having trouble. BUT, it is dark outside so Im not a complete idiot. Since I could not get it all apart yet, I may not be able to ship it out till monday morn cause I'm working a double tomorrow and dont have a garage,Is that OK? I'm doing all this work under a party canopy with a friggin flash light, ha ha.

Rob

Never mind about shipping Monday, I thought it was Wed.

sure, no problem... let me know,

Jonas Quimby /

The 1980 Express engine is hugely different from the Express SR engine. Completly different transmission, different carb/intake/choke method, different engine head, different cylinder, different ignition system, different oil pump, 6v electrical system, etc.

« Go to Topic — end of thread