WTB Pinto 2 Seat Post

Hello. I need to get a seat post for a JC Penny Pinto 2. This is the seat post for the 3/4 long Puch seat. But it is different from the Maxi version. It is a small diameter post, where as the Maxi uses a larger post. Please anybody have one or know where I can get one.

Re: WTB Pinto 2 Seat Post

um you can try

www.mopedjunkyard.com they should probably have it

-DANIEL-

Bump

Bump. Somebody, somewhere has got to have one.

if youre talkin just the 8 inch long 7/8 inch tube i probably have one out of my hacked up pinto, let me know if you still need it email me dogwithcpu@aol.com

later

Is it the post with a flat flange on one end.

no the pinto and swinger seat posts are just a tube, the puch maxi sport seat is the one with the flat 2 bolt flange on the end, it never came on the pinto to my knowledge

The seat came on the Pinto 2. So it must have had a seat post to match.

there was a 3/4 seat available on the pinto 2, i know i have 3, its a lot like a puch 3/4 but the back is round and the chrome trim goes all the way around it in the back, the underside of the seat has a 2 bolt clamp that clamps around the 7.8 inch tube, it does not have 2 studs hanging out of the bottom like a puch 3/4 seat, if you have a puch 3/4 seat it will not work without fabricating a seatpost, not too hard to do, but if you want bolt on application, make sure you have the pinto version of the seat, and i do have the correct seatpost if you need it

Ok. Thanks for the info. I've already changed how I'm going to set it up. I didn't like how tall you sat while riding. So I'm going to remove the seat post clamp all together. And put a 3/4 seat all the way down on the frame. I fabbed it up last night while I was working on it. And the seat will be more to my liking this way (down and back).

yea, i cut the rack off and chopped the seatpost area off and plated it all in on mine, then i stuck a cafe racer seat i made on it, way better than the factory

« Go to Topic — end of thread