FOR SALE 1964 VeloSolex in Missouri!

I am selling a Blue 1964 VeloSolex in St. Louis, MO. This was my first moped and it served me well for two years. However, it's been sitting for about a year.

The paint and body are nice for it's age. I replaced the chain and cleaned it up last summer. It needs a new spring for one side of the engine mount, a few new rubberbands and screws for the light/front/side engine covers, some of the plastic on the left pedal has broken off. I haven't run it since last summer, so it probably needs a good cleaning and a spark plug to get it going again. Basically, it's a good ped, but it needs some general love and adjustments. I just haven't had time to fix it up lately.

I do not want to ship this moped, so local pick up is a must. If you are local and not a weirdo, you can contact me to set a time to come look at it.

Make an offer.

(The basket full of crap attached to the rack in the picture is not included.)

1151419992_pict0113.jpg

Re: FOR SALE 1964 VeloSolex in Missouri!

Although I'd not wear it, I love the helmet!

FOR SALE 1964 VeloSolex in Missouri!

Email sent.

Not that it matters that much, but this is not a 1964 Solex. if it was, then it would be a model S 2200 or S 3300, which it definitely is not. This is an S 3800/4600 hybrid that somebody put together. Notice that it has both types of motor raising assemblies...the 5000/4600 style lever on the side by the tank _and_ the S 3800 style lever on top of the cylinder head. The frame is from a 1974 4600 V1 and the motor and handlebars appear to be from a 1973-74 S 3800. Still a nice bike.

Solexly, BrianSolex

thanks! I was just going by what the guy who sold it to me said.

Yeah, a lot of people have an understandably hard time determining what year their Solex is. Most of the information on the net is in French and most of the available charts are for the Solexes sold in France and don't pertain to the ones sold in the US and Canada. Like I said...no big deal...just thought I'd help out. Nice looking bike no matter what. Best of luck with it!

BrianSolex

Allen Midwood /

Thats the ugliest piece of crap i've ever seen !!!!!!!!

That was useful...

« Go to Topic — end of thread