Need help installing engine kit - Hartford, CT

I've had this moped engine kit sitting in my basement since I bought it off eBay last fall. I ordered new 26" cruiser wheels for this mountain bike I have sitting around, but the project has gone nowhere. Does anyone around Connecticut have experience with projects like these? Will anyone install this kit onto my bike for a fee?

It looks just like the one in the picture here, except it was advertised as being 80cc. Didn't come with any instructions that do me any good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120001378990

Thanks in advance.

Re: Need help installing engine kit - Hartford, CT

It maybe an easy install Brian, are you selling it?

Ziggy

I might be willing to sell it if I can find a 'ped I can pick up in the area for cheap. I posted in the Buy/Sell forum because I'm looking to "purchase" somebody's services: I'd like to pay to have it installed.

They should come with all instructions and everything you need. May be cheaper to buy your own tools than to pay someone. Then if you get a moped, you can work on it yourself. I wouldn't have bought that kit. The money you payed I'm guessign about 200 or more, could have been used to buy or save for a ped. Try selling that kit. It will only cause trouble. Of course I'm basing this on what I've heard. I wanted to buy one, researched it, and quickly changed my mind. If they were higher quality, it would be kinda cool.

Jim

If interested of selling the kit- I have older bike I can install it on, or for $100 I'll install it for you.

Local moped dealer charges 68$ per hour!!! Expensive.

I guess I can install it in couple of hours, let say it'll take me 4 hours, I live in Southingoton, relocatin to New Britain on Friday and that is only 15 minutes away from Hartford.

Call me @860-888-3661

Ziggy

Hey Ziggy - thanks for the offer. I have an old mountain bike I want to put it on, it's nice big frame that'll (hopefully) be comfortable for a taller guy like myself. Like I said, I also got some 26" cruiser wheels with a coaster brake hub in the rear to use. I go on a motorized bicycle forum as well, the members there suggested a coaster brake so I have room for the clutch as well as a front caliper brake. Are you familiar with bicycles at all, or hubs in specific? I took apart the rear wheel because something wasn't aligned correctly, and I'm not quite sure how to put it back together. Once you're in New Britain that'll make it a lot easier; I'm in West Hartford specifically which is even closer than Hartford. I'll shoot you an email or call you soon with more details.

« Go to Topic — end of thread