NOBODY BUY FROM GUERILLA RIDES!

Mopedarmy riders,

Not once have I disrespected the seller in my emails. I've only sent emails to the addresses he requested. I've used ebay, paypal and mopedarmy to get messages to him. The only reply I've had in a month was "payment is verified, and items will be on their way." That was 2 weeks ago. He's not going to send my stuff, and he's going to keep my $45, so don't get screwed over like I did. Mopedarmy.com doesn't need members screwing eachother.

kyle

Re: NOBODY BUY FROM GUERILLA RIDES!

thanks man.

Wow, got my stuff toot sweet when I ordered from them. That was the first few days they were open, but still good to me.

Yea I ordered at the end of May too. I paid by the 23, and I still don't have the parts. I don't know why people do this. If he'd only let me know what he's going to do. Either he sends them or tells me to screw off, I don't care, he needs to get back to me with a reason. I'd prefer to get my parts, because my bike needs them, but if he's going to keep my money that's his business. I trusted him to send me the parts. What else can I do?

See Ya Moped Army /

I got my parts in a relatively timely manner. The biggest problem is that Harold doesn't drive a car, so it is difficult for him to transport the parcels to the UPS drop off point.

Running a mail order business such as this is a giant undertaking. I just think that Harold was unprepared for the volume of orders that he recieved. I've met Harold in person and he seems to be a real standup guy. I'm sure he will make good on all of his orders. It might just take a little while longer for him to get on top of the situation. I wouldn't panic at this point.

he's not going to screw you, and he's not going to keep your money. He's probobly busy as hell. He is only one man, not twenty. What the hell is up with people badmouthing any and every place that sells parts?! Did you maybe try to CALL him? Did you try to contact him in any way besides emails? Did you wait till he posts on moped army, then post on that thread and ask him? Thats annoying, but it's one way to contact him.

Doubt It

Depending on what you bought and how it was shipped, 2 weeks is in no way an unreasonable amount of time to recieve your parts.

I mean come on they have 100% feedback. Do you really think they are going to screw you just because? This post is pointless, there is no need to try to drag someones name through the mud because you can't figure it out yourselves. Harold is a stand up guy, if anything it's probably just a communication error.

Are you sure he has your address????

Smitty Smith /

I've spoken to Harold over the phone, and corresponded through emails ... seems like an honest and straight guy.

Ya' know, we're all human, and we're actual people, not machines. People have lives, some of us both professional AND personal ... sometimes issues happen, and life gets in the way.

I agree with Larry, I don't think Harold was prepared for the pressure and demands of running his own business, it's no picnic by any means!

Being as prominent as Harold his here in the Moped Army, I just really don't believe that he'd intentionally try to rip anyone off. I think it's also pretty obvious by his post this morning that he is under a tremendous amount of stress and pressure. I also realize that lots of us are really impatient people (hell, I know I am!), but, again, Harold is just like the rest of us, flesh and bone, and puts his pants on the same way we all do.

Good luck Harold, and I for one hope everything works out for you.

Smitty

Lately it seems like every shop on here has been bashed by impatient teenagers. 1977 mopeds, Chris at MWH, Harold, etc....People like them help the moped community thrive. So cut them some slack. And, once again, try to remember we are dealing with mopeds here, not 50k dollar hotrods.

it looks like you got yer answer on the general page there klymaxx. Do you feel like a big man now? Bet you feel like a asshole, if not then you sure should.

Not everyone is up to date on eachother's lives.

No I didn't give him a call. I did give him my number and he can call me whenever he has time. I did post on this website and wait for his response. He told me to email him, so I did. I agree 2 weeks isn't unreasonable, but it has been 4. It's points and condensors. Pretty small items, but that's besides the point. I just don't understand why everyone has had such good success with the store and I can't even get an email telling me about my order status. I gave the guy a lot of slack for 3 weeks. I'm not his close friend, I don't talk with him and know what's going on in his life or how he acquired the parts. All I know is that I paid for stuff and I'm not in the know about what is going on with the stuff I bought. An update is not too much to ask. I've been looking on the site and it looks like he has plenty of time to make posts on other threads, so a quick email while he's doing that isn't much to ask. Not only is it only an email, but he had lots of time to only send one.

So before everyone starts calling me names, let's get it straight. I never called the guy names, I wasn't a jerk in the emails telling him to send me my F'in parts. I stated all the info in every email so that he wouldn't have to dig around for stuff. Now he's calling me this and that on another thread. That's fine, but just like how I don't know what's going on in his life, he doesn't know what's going on in mine either, and I'm not going to tell him off about the stuff I go though. All of that is beside the point. All I wanted was an email or my parts. It only takes communication, no life stories.

Sorry to hear about his situation. Good luck with the business.

Re: Not everyone is up to date on eachother's live

Kyle, I don't think anyone is implying that you harassed him. The reason people are calling you names has to do with the fact that your resolution to the problem is a far more damaging thing to do than just calling a guy names to his face. You are attempting to smear his business reputation. Even if it is guised as protecting other buyers, the veneer is thin. It's clearly a way to aggressively do harm as a retribution for how neglected you feel. Given that you haven't called him, I would say that this is a premature rant, and that is what I sense from the other responses.

You aren't going to buy moped parts from Advance Auto, so you can pretty much guarantee anyone you deal with is a privately-owned business that couldn't possibly provide someone's entire income. It doesn't take much sense to figure out that there will be some difficulties and slower processing times associated with this.

Smitty Smith /

This is none of my business, but, I do see where Kyle is coming from ... as in, it would really suck to not get an email explaining _something_ .

I realize Harold has lots going on right now, and I can only imagine moving to 3 different locations in a very short time, that would really stink! Kyle's parts are probably still not unpacked an located, from them having to move around so much.

They obviously need a little time to get everything ironed-out and sorted.

Good luck Kyle, I hope you get your parts soon and get your 'peds running again. Also good luck to Harold and his crew ... hopefully everyone will get what they want and need soon.

Smitty

www.smcmopeds.com

silverfish you said it exactly. Thats what I wanted to say, but too many words so I just start swearing......

just for the record guys-I'm an asshole too. And a douche bag.

« Go to Topic — end of thread