WTB Mopeds in Richmond, Va

I am looking to get 2-3 used mopeds in Richmond, Va for 300-500 each. Let me know if you have any or know anyone that does!

Re: WTB Mopeds in Richmond, Va

after today there may be a few floating around. a couple of guys went to nc to pick up some they won on ebay.

anymore details on that? could you have them get in contact with me?....also do you know makes models years or prices? Thanks a ton!

I have a 78 maxi which isnt running right now but could be with a little work.

if ya wait 3 weeks and go to larrys ride, you could be riding a nice ped for a fair price

where is "Larry's Ride?" Thanks guys.

larry's ride is in new jersey

pat has a maxi that will be ready in a couple of days and he said he would email you if you are still interested.

just hang in there. we'll find you one.

See Ya Moped Army /

I'll have lots of peds for adoption at the Ride. At least 30 peds, if not more. They are still coming in on an almost daily basis.

are all of these up in NJ though? I am looking for something in Richmond, Va...hell, the gas and the tolls just to get to NJ would be enough to buy a moped ha ha ha ha

I'm in Richmond and kind of on the hunt too. I heard that a guy called "hippie" who works at the moped shop here has a puch magnum that he is willing to part with, but that was a week ago. Also, there is a really sweet '77 puch magnum on ebay in cumberland, maryland that i cannot afford, otherwise i'd be all over it....

here's the link for that:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1977-Puch-Magnum-MK-Moped-Great-condition_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6722QQihZ002QQitemZ4652259202QQrdZ1

just tryin' to help out. and if you come across an untapped resource, please let me know.

good luck!

fantastic! what moped shop does that guy work at around here? I know of "Scooters" on Lombardy, but they didn't have any used ones in there when I was shopping for parts. I think there is a place down in Midlothian as well?

check your email

im in ohio i got a 79 maxi 2 and a magnum2the maxi is finn=e and tha magnum dos not run it needs a piston.

yeah hippie still has that bike for sale. if you want to know where the shop is email me and i will give you numbers and directions.

I still have that Maxi if your at all interested...Im about 15 minutes south of Richmond and I could email you pics if you would like.

That would be fantastic...please do!

Email Pat from our gang, the Hells Satans. he's got a super sweet bright green maxi that he's selling for $500. Hit him up. He's got a handful of sweet bikes for sale right now in that price range.

thanks a lot! I can find him on the Hells Satans list on this site?

Anything else floating around? I'm going to be a student at the College of William & Mary in Williamsburg next year and was wondering if a nice moped might be the happy medium between a nice bike and a car (which I'm not allowed to have). Let me know of anything in the area. I'm interested in something like a Puch Maxi. Simple, reliable, and in good working condition. I saw one in the junkyard of an auto shop here in Houston, but I don't think I could take it with me if I bought it.

Walking around W&M is easy. I dont see the need for a ped there. Besides, many of the paths are foot only.

I probably wouldn't use it for going around campus as much as going off campus. Everyone says a car is pretty desirable there, but that just might be because students can only have them junior and senior year. You might be right though, I could probably get along by foot. Anyway, I'd kind of like to know my options. If anyone has anything, I'd be interested to hear about it.

Hello I am not in Richmond; but a lot closer than NJ. its 4 hours to my place.i have some Mopeds available. some are more expensive than 500.00 cause we bought them to use in parades so we wanted nice and usable and paid more for them..But now we have New Tomos for parades, so we a have a lot for sale.so email me if you dont find what you want. i can always meet you half way with the peds. i have pics.thanks JC

I'm going to be at the rally with a tomos silver bullit and a puch maxi for sale. The puch runs great all lights work nothing is missing and the tomos needs a magneeto but otherwise has new tires and rings

hey reynold, how much are you asking for the puch?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account