Honda MB5

Here is a picture of the Honda MB5. I used it to get back and forth to school. I included a list of whats wrong (and right) with it.

HONDA MB5

Pros:

starts on 1st or 2nd kick

runs well and is very reliable

everything works except tach

new tires, and brake pads for the front

Good Title

Cons:

leaks a few drops of gas per day

a couple of scraches on the gas tank

The leak is only when the petcock is left on.

I'm asking $750

1123206768_mb5_pic3.jpg

Honda MB5

Sean -

If I didn't live 1000+ miles from you, I'd be ringing your doorbell shortly.

Nice bike!

Re: Honda MB5 for sale

Sean Bachelor /

dang, well thanx ne ways

§ćŗάτçλmªřċ • /

how does it do going up hills?

i'm in marietta, ga and my moby 51v really struggles on some of these inclines (and i only weigh 140!).

thanks,

marc

Sean Bachelor /

Marc,

when i used to drive this honda mb5 to to school i had to take this road, and you talk about some hills. What i would have to do was down shift to 3rd gear and keep it in the power band, and it would do about 35 mph while assenting. Weight wise im about 145.

Where are you located and how many miles does the bike have?

Sean Bachelor /

I am located in Athens, AL and the bike has 8,197 miles on it.

Re: Honda MB5

§ćŗάτçλmªřċ • /

hey sean, this is marc in marietta again. i'm still interested in your mb5 if you haven't sold it already.

there is a black one up for bid on ebay currently, i was just waiting to see what the winning bid on it is to get a sense of what they're going for on the open market. it looks to be as in good of shape as yours.

thanks,

marc

Sean Bachelor /

Hey marc, yes my honda mb5 is still currently up for sale and i will be awaiting your reply.

Sean Bachelor /

Anyone???

§ćŗάτçλmªřċ • /

well Sean that other MB5 on ebay sold for $610... i don't know if you'd accept an offer that low.

i am kinda having second thoughts, though. part of the appeal of the moped is not having to register and license the vehicle (in georgia, anyway) whereas your MB5 would be deemed a motorcycle here with all applicable regulations. i'm on the fence whether i want to jump on that bandwagon, so to speak.

~marc

Sean Bachelor /

Yea marc i know that registering and licensing can be a pain but if ur still intreseted the best i can do for you is 700 obo

Sean Bachelor /

anyone intrested??

i'm interested, but i have an mb5 in better condition that i bought for $560 last year. i love it, and in south carolina they don't HAVE to be registered as long as you don't break any normal traffic laws. That's from the mouth of a state trooper. ANYWAYs. i definately wouldn't pay $700 for it and that's including shipping.

Jeffery Schimes /

Would you be interested in selling your MB-5? I've been looking for one for awhile and your comment said that you had one in good condition.

Dude,

I would be really surprised if this was still available. The post was over two years ago.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account