I NEED an MBK 51v Crank Case

I'm lookin' for an MBK crankcase. The one in particular has the intake manifold ON the crank itself, not the cylinder. If you've got one, PLEASE lemme know how much you want for it.

I've attached a pic of what it should look like.

Thanks,

-Casey

1118397292_dsc00027.jpg

Re: I NEED an MBK 51v Crank Case

That's nuts, I had no idea the 51V was a reed-valve motor. Was wondering what the differences were.

Learn something new every day.

Yeah... I learned the fun way... My Airsal kit arrived from the Netherlands, and I think I found out why Mopedwarehouse stopped selling them... They're not for the Motobecane motor... they're for the motor from the MBK51. which, as Legendre stated, is a reed valve motor... Badass, but as far as I can tell, bloody hard to locate in the states...

At this point, i'd settle for an entire motor^^; Still lookin' for one, so if anyone has any leads please drop me a line.

-Casey

Casey,

FWIW, Chris at MWH said the kits were simply out of stock, and he would have more soon. Others have said that a stock carb would work fine, so at least the ones from MWH must not be for a 51V.

Also, I find it mildly amusing that somone named 'Casey' is looking for an engine case. Kind of like an ice-cream man named Cohen, or an astronaut named Shuttleworth, and so forth.

Good luck with it!

Yeah, Chris emailed me to pass on that info as well. MWH's Motobecane Cylinder kits DO fit the us spec 50v's, and i'm likely going to be ordering one once he gets them back in stock.

Thanks for lookin' out~ turning my 50v into a reed-valve motor powered hog would be pretty fresh tho, if I do say so myself...

I guess this is what I get for being impatient! lol

-Casey

The 51V engines were never brought into the US. You'd have to order one from France, and even then customs would probably stop it from getting here.

§ćŗάτçλmªřċ • /

i was wondering who else had a 51v!

sorry to hear that airsal speed kit from 50cc.nl didn't fit, i was thinking about ordering one for mine too... either from there or MWH.

we must be the only people in the country with that model, i'll keep track to see if you have any luck locating what you need.

good luck.

~marc

Marc,

The Kit WOULD have fit the 51v. I ordered it because I Believed the engines of the 51 and the 50 to be the same. A couple hundred dollars later I foudn that the 51v is a reed-valve motor, and the 50v is not. =\

I was lookin' for a 51v bottom end because that would hopeuflly convert my currently non-reed valve motor into a reed-valve motor^^

50cc.nl's SHOULD work on your ped, as long as that motor is a crank-case breather. (carb intake is not on the cylinder, but rather the crank-case) They are very helpful, and have been awsome as far as working with me for a return / exchange. Karin over there is actually the one who looked up the motor i NEEDED for the kit, and sent me the pictures. If you've got an ACTUAL 51v, the kit will work for you.

Unfortunately they are too hard to come by in any other country than france.. so I'm gonna be orderin' a kit from MWH when they get them in.

-Casey

Actually 1977 Mopeds in Kalamazoo can order you a brand new reed valve case for the MBK 51. I have you myself, and i'm just waiting for my top end to arrive. I don't know the price off hand, but i do know the price for the whole setup was about $300. The case and crank alone will be about $100-$150, I think.

They can also get performance pipes, new variators, CDI ignition setups, new forks, chrome sidepanels, racing pulleys, seats and handlebars. email dave@1977mopeds or call them at 269-344-1977

OMG Bret, that's AWSOME news! Thanks for sharing it... I'm gonna email him today... Its easier to modify my current one rather than ship it back to the netherlands lol

I appreciate the info!

-Casey

§ćŗάτçλmªřċ • /

so much for the 51v being any different... as you can see from the pic, the intake on mine is on the cylinder, too.

i guess Bryan was right, they never imported the real 51v engines here.

oh well... hope your project of turning what amounts to a U.S. bike to a European one still works out.

~marc

1119193805_closeup.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account