FS: Puch Maxi; Sachs Balboa

FS:

1978 Puch Maxi 1-speed in fair condition. I had this bike running a few weeks ago, but it quit becasue the spark plug is fouled. The cylinder head may need replacement as the thread for that accepts the plug was repaired (perhaps with a heli-coil) and the sleeve came out with the spark plug. (See my W8AC discussion in the repair forum.) At any rate, the bike needs a right crank/sprocket assembly as the pedal threads are stripped, a new speedometer drive and could probably use new brake/clutch cables. The paint and chrome are so-so, the seat is torn and the rear wheel has been repaired (welded - but I have a replacement with a brand new tire/tube). The kill switch assembly is also broken, but functional. I will post a picture of the bike with my user info on MA. The bike is on Staten Island, NY and the buyer must pick it up.

$125 complete. I will NOT part it out as I don't have the time or inclination.

1978 Sachs Balboa parts bike. Essentially complete, but the engine does not turn over. Missing throttle handle. Has new fuel tank/petcock.

$75. I will not part it out.

Take both for $175. Please email me directly if you would like to set up a time to meet and see these bikes (weekends are good). They will only be sold to individuals 18 or older.

Thanks,

Dave

Re: FS: Puch Maxi; Sachs Balboa

Forgot to mention:

The Puch comes with a 1988 New Jersey title in a previous owner's name (signed for transfer, but not dated). You can have the title or a bill of sale from me, but not both.

The Sachs does not have a title, but I will provide a bill of sale.

I got the Puch running today with a new spark plug, if that pique's anyone interest. It's definitely a worthwhile project bike. I would take $100 for the Puch and $50 for the Sachs. I could probably be talked into delivering both bikes within the NYC metro area (but the buyer must take both). 18 or older rule still applies.

Hey, I live in Massachusetts. If they run okay and shipping is not a problem let me know. I am not 18..but my parents can buy it if thats the problem. I really want something to ride and work on. Email me - Modestmouse8838@yahoo.com

Shipping would be difficult and probably not worth the expense for bikes in this condition. I would prefer a local buyer or someone who can make the trip to NYC (although I could travel a reasonable distance to meet).

Chris Sorensen /

e-mail me. I'm very interrested in both peds. I'm in NJ and could meet up with you.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account