How much is my moped worth?

I have a 1971 or 1972 Jawa "Transistor 40" its orange and beautiful - not quite as rusty as this one, but essentially the same.

http://www.mopedarmy.com/photos/brand/25/236/

assuming it's in good working condition, if you know what you are talking about, please tell me how much you think it is worth - I recently fixed it up and am planning on buying it from my pops-

thanks,

GUMS

martinbyron83@yahoo.com

Re: How much is my moped worth?

Martin Frank /

nobody knows?

Xxxxxxx Xxxxxxx /

anywhere from $50 to $500!!

a mopeds value is not a fixed thing. if it's worth $50 to the person buying or selling it's worth $50. if you're willing to pay $500 then it's worth $500. my best word of advice is when buying, lowball the hell out of them. when selling, be prepared to be lowballed and then make sure you have a fixed price that you are willing to accept.

i would say a jawa is a nice bike but i wouldn't pay very much for it because parts will be tough to find. a puch or minerelli are alot easier to find parts for, but unless i see a bike in it's shipping crate from the 70's i wouldn't pay more than $100 for anything unless i had to have it. hope this helps out

jay

noviy-lef

swarm and detroit

I have heard jawas are unreliable

Martin Frank /

Ok, cool, so there must be no moped blue book lol

thanks for the response - Im good as long as i know Im not dealing with an antique or something

thanks

martin

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account