Brixton Motorcycles?

Anyone familiar with Brixton motorcycles or ever seen one in North America? The 125 Crossfire was announced two days ago and it would be be a welcome addition to the stable. Can't think of any mainstream manufacturers offering small displacement street bikes. This Austrian/Chinese bike is rumored to be in the 3 to 4 thousand Euro price range. Production scheduled for late 2021 but no dates or prices are confirmed yet...

https://www.brixton-motorcycles.com/news/crossfire-125/

Re: Brixton Motorcycles?

Pushrod Fifty /

It looks neat but made in China. It could be a decent build since it's probably used as a daily rider in Asia.

"An Austrian-owned brand with a British-sounding name and similarly British-looking bikes manufactured in China, Brixton is best known for its 125cc and 250cc bikes currently marketed in Europe and Asia, but as yet, does not much of a presence in North America."

It looks different but reminds me of the Mash brand I looked at in Germany. Mash was ~$2000 bikes with warranty and fuel injection. Seems like we should expect more and more good looking, affordable, reliable machines coming from China.

Ted Grant /

Thanks for your replies. I like the looks of this bike especially since it doesn't look like most of the plastic clad sport bikes out there. The motor is a Suzuki clone and water cooled so it's probably reliable for many years. I joined their mailing list and will consider this bike if offered here...

Pushrod Fifty /

Is it available at a dealer or freight only?

We have a lot of them now here in Hamburg.

> Papa _ wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It looks different but reminds me of the Mash brand I looked at in

> Germany. Mash was ~$2000 bikes with warranty and fuel injection. Seems

> like we should expect more and more good looking, affordable, reliable

> machines coming from China.

Those Mash bikes are still Chinese garbage. I've seen several that were already wrecked beyond repair after 5000km. The engine is the most reliable part of those things, which is worrisome.

Probably Fred /

> Bas Autowas wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Papa _ wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > It looks different but reminds me of the Mash brand I looked at in

>

> > Germany. Mash was ~$2000 bikes with warranty and fuel injection. Seems

>

> > like we should expect more and more good looking, affordable, reliable

>

> > machines coming from China.

>

> Those Mash bikes are still Chinese garbage. I've seen several that were

> already wrecked beyond repair after 5000km. The engine is the most

> reliable part of those things, which is worrisome.

With using forced labor, low wage labor with high volume expectations and 9:00 to 9:00 Monday through Saturday work week (996 working hr system) ) it’s hard to get a consistent good quality product from China.

I did a some 12 hr a day 6-7 day work week shifts like that in my life to finish projects that the contractor would be fined if not completed by the deadline.

Depending on the heavy the material or job requirement was the work week could be brutal and my quality of work would suffer especially towards the end of the week.

Usually those long hr work weeks only lasted a few weeks but sometimes they were a little longer. With overtime and double time the paychecks were great but I couldn’t imagine being forced to do that everyday, day in and day out for low or no wages.

Ted Grant /

Probably Fred brings up a good point. Hard to maintain quality control with brutal working conditions. Saw this interesting documentary highlighting appalling working conditions at a bead factory in China. The 95% women workforce was separated from the men and lived on the factory grounds. They worked seven days a week for 10 cents per hour...I got this video for free from my library using Kanopy...

They appear to be on that CCW level. Import clone motors, often smaller, in trendy custom bikes

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account