New Honda Navi Affordable Mini Moto

Just announced a new Honda Navi mini moto. Looks close to a Grom in size and features a carbureted 109 cc motor and clutch less drive. Best part is the price @ $1807 msrp. Due to arrive in Jan. 2022. At this price point they'll sell out immediately...

Re: New Honda Navi Affordable Mini Moto

Damn, a Honda scooter that's half the price of a grom with similar styling. That's gonna sell like crazy

Clutchl3ss like semiautomatic? Kinda neat!

Dirty30 Dillon /

It's a Scooter CVT, not semi.

That said, this does fill a much needed Niche, but I am not sure if the US market will have the demand.

Ted Grant /

Hard to predict the demand on the Navi but demand is crazy strong on the Ruckus here. You can buy one new and sell it for the same amount or more than you paid for it a couple of years later. The Nuvi is their cheapest bike at 2,299 CDN followed by the Ruckus 3599, the Grom 3899 and the Monkey @ 5299. The Nuvi has been on sale in India since 2016 and demand tapered off. They were well reviewed but are now discontinued. I find the 10 inch rear wheel looks out of place behind the 12 inch front wheel. Just a matter of time before a big bore top end will be offered after market...

They've been selling that adly rd50 or whatever for years, like 700$ and it's a minarelli h. Top tank scooter oh wow. If you want one of these get the adly and kit it for like 60$. Not something I'm into but if you were like a high school kid or something that would be pretty hot shit.

LOVE this, can't wait to see one in person, I can't get a good picture in my mind of the size of it though, but if it fits me, I could see buying. Downside to me is still carbed... :( But I assume this was done as a cost saving measure, prob one of those infernal vacuum petcocks. Would be really nice to own something that was free of that bs. Anyone know what the two cables going to the front brake lever are for, looks odd, but knowing Honda there is a good reason. How is there no option for black paint? Just looking at it the first thing I would want to do is spray bomb it flat black and slap some stickers on it....( I don't know what to do with nice things) ;) Amazing that it is cheaper than an Onyx or even a Juiced Hyper Scorpion, but you do need plates/ins and a MC endorsement, but that's easy to get, only issue for me is actually getting in to take the riding test....they have been sending people to testing stations in the boonies since the pandemic, but that's getting better. These are cheaper than used Helix! Plus you sit on it "right" getting used to scooters has been hard for me, would have sold mine if it didn't have passenger pegs that I use like MC foot pegs, this eliminates the whole floorboard thing. Like the little storage compartment, would be the "spot" for a battery if they ever made this an electric...blinkers look dumb, but that is the new style, and once the aftermarket comes out with a way to tuck the plate and signals under the seat it will clean up the looks. I hope this is a big success, cuz I want to see more people on bikes, but maybe it doesn't sell well and you can get one a few yrs old for even cheaper? Either way it is something to be excited about. (edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Graham Motzing wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> They've been selling that adly rd50 or whatever for years, like 700$ and

> it's a minarelli h. Top tank scooter oh wow. If you want one of these

> get the adly and kit it for like 60$. Not something I'm into but if you

> were like a high school kid or something that would be pretty hot shit.

I don't know why the Adly was such a slept on bike. Granted, the name Adly doesn't really carry the same weight as HONDA, but they were a great copy of the Street Magic 50. I would 100% buy one if I found one at a steal.

Ted Grant /

I searched Adly scooters and could only find new ones in Quebec. With a average price of 3500 the Honda Navi at 2300 looks a lot more attractive. That being said if I find a used Adly 50 for a grand or less I would buy it.

https://www.autotrader.ca/motorcycles-atvs/scooter-ebike/adly%20moto/?srt=23&cty=Saint-Hyacinthe

@ Stephen...I would have to see this bike in person and sit on it or test drive one before pulling the trigger. If it feels right I could prepay in the first quarter of 2022 and wait for delivery mid 2023...LOL.

I’m definitely going to get one. Looks like it would be a lot of fun to ride around with my grandkids in our subdivision.

Ted Grant /

I'm first on a wait list for the Navi with a local dealer that ordered eight of them. They have no idea of delivery date but I will be contacted when they know something. Patriot red is the only color choice in Canada. Here's a video comparing mini moto models...

https://motorcycle.honda.ca/virtual-showroom/#minimoto

Yea, scooter motor grom isn't really my jam. I'm curious about the brakes. I could just look it up, guess I'm not that curious. Looks like a foot that does both wheels.

I kinda hate the toptank minimoto gy6 bikes, real tryhard vibes

But that is a killer price. Honda can make a lotta new fan boys of the would be ebike crowd if they can get em on easy efficient reliable bikes for half or third the cost of cheap e mopeds

I almost made a post a while back about how I didn’t think Honda or Suzuki would ever sell anything for less than $2K.

This doesn’t look like something I want personally, but I really like the idea. Affordable, efficient, reliable transport? That’s the roots of Honda I fell in love with long ago.

Shame I hate the asthetics of it.

Pushrod Fifty /

Cool styling and good price point, but if it was a 50cc that had some nut, it would be more realistic here in CT, it would fly as an unplated bike. A carbureted single isn't so hard to deal with, especially with Honda dependability.

> Moped Lar wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I’m definitely going to get one. Looks like it would be a lot of fun to

> ride around with my grandkids in our subdivision.

Right? :D Except I and I alone will be riding it, everywhere...lol!

Ok, been reading up on these, the google is neat, anyway, the dual front cable is due to the fact this thing has a parking brake, and it's on the FRONT wheel? WTF, but ok, rear brake is a foot pedal like a real mc, as is the front brake on the right bar. Left lever is parking brake only, and sure to cause accidents when applied by dyed in the wool scooter/moped riders, solution, disconnect/discard. Clear directional lenses make me want to puke, SO ugly, but the version sold in India had amber lenses, so those could be ordered to clean that mess up, and here is what WILL make me buy this, que the angels choir, it has an honest to god real petcock!!!!! with reserve! No vacuum bullshit! Hallelujah! It can be closed to run the carb dry for storage over the winter..... That simple thing just made Honda my money. Old School Rules! Drum brakes are reported to be barely adequate, but since there is no "app" for the phone in face types to be staring at while they ride, maybe paying attention to the road and one's surroundings will come back in vogue...? This thing is the PERFECT replacement for my poor Hobbit, as I would use it for the same reasons I got back into mopeds, cheap affordable transportation, many have posted here it is not their "thing" like a grom...and that's fine, I don't want to be part of a "scene" or a movement, I just like to ride, wrenching is not fun to me, have and do do it so I can RIDE, I love my rattletrap scooter, and will keep it, it's a 2 stroke smoker after all, but this would be brand new, with warranty.....holy fuck, what's that?!? I have never purchased a brand new motor vehicle in all my 54 yrs, but this will be my first, if it fits me, and I think it will, as I saw a rider review out of India with a dude who claimed to be 5'10, I'm 5'11, so I should be ok, I will pay cash if it fits me! Just have to get my Motorcycle endorsement, The written is basic, the riding is easy, moreso on this thing, will just have to rent a trailer to take it to the test station...bleah... but so worth doing, used to have endorsement, got dui's in the '90's, when I got dl back assumed I got endorsement back too, so not so, got busted riding a motorcycle I was repairing, but it was insured and my dl was valid, cop was cool let me park it until he left, I rode it home and sold it, been on mopeds ever since.... :/ The ability to see 50 mph will cover all my riding needs, and being forced to get my endorsement back will allow be to clear the emotional hurdle of buying bigger bikes. All in all this bike becoming avail in the States is a major win for this consumer. I can't wait to see one in person. Thank you Honda! I was bitchy about it being a carb, but then I look upon my Hobbit, 43 yrs old and the carb works as it did when new, so I'll eat my words, I'll take a brand new Honda carb, ESPECIALLY since it has a petcock! Funny, tank capacity is .9 gallon, same as the Hobbit.... ;) Question for you all, Red or the Dark green color since Honda failed to provide Black as an option, I like both, but the red seems too flashy for me, only 4 things should be red, Corvettes, Ducatti's, Ferraris, and fire engines, but the red seems ok on this, but the dark green is nice too. I REALLY have no idea how to appreciate a "brand new" vehicle.... ;D

Ted Grant /

So...What are you tryin' to say here? Interested?...I'm thinking it would be nice to have a dead nuts reliable scoot to rip around town. I love my Peugeot but it is French and I have walked it home a few times now. The carb on the Navi doesn't bother me and is probably as reliable as a Honda generator. I would pick the green color if I had a choice but no biggie since vinyl wrapping and hydro dipping is readily available. The clear turn lenses can be sprayed amber or orange with Krylon stained glass spray paint. Not sure how durable the paint meant for interior use is on the street. There is always translucent vinyl wrap for lights. You may want to consider vinyl wrapping or hydro dipping the side covers. Here's a video on DIY hydro dipping...

take my money.jpg

I like it a lot, even more than the grom. I just have no fucking money.

I'm hoping to get one second hand as it would be a real bargain for something i'll probably keep the rest of my life. I'm sure it will be as durable as any Honda single. Low maintenance fuel sipping smile making sewing machine of a motor. The belt and rollers will last 15k. Gear oil change once a season . Valve Adj ? Who knows it will probably stay in spec for a long time but easy to adjust anyway. If you use Non Ethanol you wont have carb issues. Change the oil gas up and go. Cave man easy. I love my Pcx and Aero and if the Navi does 50 it would be perfect for me. (edited)

Pushrod Fifty /

I agree Steven, the parking brake would sketch me out, or throw me over the bars. The Honda CM400A had the parking brake in the clutch lever position. Eehh. If I brought one of these I would be looking at how much of the plastic I could throw in my recycling bin.

I had one of those, cm-400A, wonderful machine, that brake thing WAS scary, especially the fact it had that spring loaded lock button, I never hit it by accident, but also never used it...I don't understand the concept of a parking brake on a motorcycle?

Sure looks a LOT better than a scoot. Need a MC license for that in Ohio and fL I imagine.

^ You will need one for it almost anywhere, it being 109.7 cc....much as I despise agreeing with you about anything at all, I do agree the riding position and pegs vs. floorboard is far superior to a scooter. I do love my scooter, it's 50cc, so no endorsement, plenty fast compared to mopeds, it's brakes are FAR superior, amazing seat...a gas gauge...oil injection...but damn if I can't get used to the feet on floorboard riding position, but then I grew up on motorcycles and mopeds, where you straddle the machine, even a step thru like a ct-90, but I assume it's all on what you learned to ride on, millions upon millions of people ride scooters every day without the issues I seem to have with them. It's me, not the design.

Pushrod Fifty /

Without the parking brake it could roll away under power in some crazy scenario that would end in a lawsuit.

Ted Grant /

Found a site with 28 reviews of the Navi from longer term riders in India. The bike scored a solid 4.7 out of five with the only main concern being limited fuel capacity on earlier models without a fuel gauge. Still waiting on the promised review from TFL.

https://www.bikewale.com/honda-bikes/navi/reviews/

I had a ADLY RT50. Worse ergonomics ever! The rear shock would constantly kick you in the lower back thru the this seat. Plus it was just different enough from a Zuma bug-eye 2-stroke that nothing Zuma worked. I ended up donating my RT50 to a thrift store. I did a mini review on Scootdawg. Avoid one at all cost. If I ever buy a mini-moto style bike I'd consider a modern Honda Monkey. The new 5 speed model. The Navi looks cool but it reminds me of a Bintelli Beast. Waste of the convenience of a proper scooter by 'filling in' the flat floor.

Bike is cheap... Aftermarket parts expensive!

You ever see Grom parts prices @_@

-Honest²

Ted Grant /

@Honest Mike...I concur. It's hard to find a unmodified Ruckus here and people drop a lot of coin on accessories. I've seen used stretched Ruckus scooters with 4k in added accessories. Probably lucky to get 10 cents back on the dollar...

Pushrod Fifty /

My local Honda dealer has them listed as stocked.

Ted Grant /

Alex from TFL bike just released his review and riding impressions of the Navi. I think they'll sell tons of these bikes. Throw a rack on back and deliver pizzas to pay it off over the summer...LOL.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account